Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HPTuners is fired. Please help me setup w/EFI Live

Can I be cheeky and ask what made you want to change to efilive?
    Might help the marketing crowd out
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ringram
    Can I be cheeky and ask what made you want to change to efilive?
    Might help the marketing crowd out
    Since you asked, I will be as factual as I can:

I asked their moderators two straightforward questions with intent to purchase products. What I received in the end after several times asking was one purchase, excessive hostility, no answer to my second question, and banned from their website for a week for tuning them up in response to their answers. As a prior USAF Capt (with respect to the other countries/continents represented on this board) that served over 8 years active duty, I know disrespect when I read it. I've always been one to make my point and then come to some type of agreement. At this point, I would rather pay for GM's own software than use anything they have. Just for the record, when they first started their product, they were ok deal with.
    I don't think this is the case anymore.

Undisputed fact: The same person I had problems with not answering my questions, drivelled on in a long paragraph about how EFI Live had problems with connections, etc. I don't seem to recall anyone from EFI Live disrespecting their product. If they even had a product this advanced, maybe they would experience the same problems too? Oh wait, they don't.
    What they do have is $50 per operating system and harassment when you ask about it. Thanks very little. Its ok to tute your horn, but this poster spent more time referencing EFI Live problems than answering my question. In fact, he personally never answered my question and he/others from their company were infuriated apparently that I asked. Why??? I just wanted to buy something and I wanted a direct answer!

On the contrary, I made one post on this board. So far, several posters warmed me in to the site, the owner responded himself, and I got a call from EFI Live already. This far exceeds any service I received from HP Tuners.

By the way, I don't think the owners/members of EFI Live need to respond to the comments made about their product though because the other guys are doing an excellent job of destroying their own credentials without any help.

other undisputed facts: In another instance, I saw that one of their moderators was bragging on the ls1tech site about his car after the thread starter mentioned he was having problems with a narrow lobe cam. Instead of offering a solution, he bragged about how wonderful his car was. In my opinion, it was done in a bashing way. I didn't care for this. On their own website, I've read several instances of posters feeling they were abused just for asking questions. I know I did. This is really uncalled for. Even worse, you can't really get help to questions or even have a normal discussion on matters in this type of setting.

In summary, I don't want problems like this in the fun part of my life. I do this for relaxation.

HP Tuners. Hello advanced, customer service oriented tuning.

TFZ - somethings never change. What you just described is almost verbatim the experience I had over two years ago when I was looking to start tuning.

But the good news is you've empowered yourself with the best GM tuning suite in the world. Happy tuning

We're probably beating a dead horse here, but the behavior of the HPT "elite" is fairly typical of small minded people who are running scared. They know that EFILive is clearly a superior product and they can only compete by bad-mouthing it. That's understandable on the part of the owners, but some of the obnoxious folk wouldn't lose a thing, besides their "exalted" moderator status if HPT went out of business. But I guess if you don't have much talent and live an incredibly average life, being a big shot on a forum is a big deal.

Like some of the other people in this forum, I've taken a few shots at the HPT elitists, (and I consider it an honor that I was also banned from LS1tech for a week.) but it really pisses me off when they take cheap shots. Paul and Ross have put forth an unbelievable effort in creating and upgrading FlashScan. As if that isn't enough, they go above and beyond time and again, trying to help anyone with a problem.

As TFZ suggests, the best thing anyone can do is to ignore the little people. They won't go away, but we can hope.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

As someone once told me (several times), just let it go.

I to almost got band from LS1tech , for bashing a sponsor , but they deserved it .
    Took the money and run and I still did not get what I paid for .
    Like they say "fool me once shame on you . fool me twice shame on me" .
    I really can't say if EFILive is superior or not but I saw HPTuners and did not like it , was much more at home with EFILive .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Dittoheads, TFZO6, an organization that is deeply ingrained in my soul, espouses an Lifestyle that I see represented everyday on this board which, is Honor, Courage, and Commitment. This, (EFI Live) is the real deal.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Talking

DFE1 said: "(and I consider it an honor that I was also banned from LS1tech for a week.) but it really pisses me off when they take cheap shots".
    You MUST refrain from aggravating wonder boy, "Whorist", or the ban will become permanent.
    Before you allow that to happen, think of all the teenie boppers that will miss your sick humor!!
    And, I may be forced to join you in the "land of the banned", as a result of the "guilt by association" phenom...
    Chuck L.
    CODY Motorsports
    Fuel Injector Service
    Madison, GA.
    706-342-3152
    770-265-5144 [C]

Hi Paul!

I'm retired AF here and just want to welcome you to the site and congrats on making the switch.

First of all, I love EFILive and think they have a wonderful product and great customer support. I know that's been beat to death but I just had to say it anyway.

Secondly, I have a head and cammed 02 Zo6 with 440/402 and I would be more than happy to share the tune with you if you would like to make some comparisons.

If there is anything I can help you with, just let me know.

John

Welcome to the forum! You input will be especially valuable here, particularly regarding "translating" HPT terminology into EFILive terminology. There actually are some good people using the other guys system, but sometimes the language barrier makes it more difficult than necessary to get useful info from their posts.

Regarding LS1ToyBox, I used to have my posts edited / deleted by Whorist whenever I mentioned EFI Live back before Paul was a sponsor, even though dealers who are sponsors there sold EFI Live at the time, so technically I wasn't in violation of forum rules. He's a small minded bigot and an HPT nutswinger on a power trip. I believe EMARKAY was permabanned over there. The recent sale of their board to Internet Brands only reaffirms what most real car guys knew the board was all about anyhow.
    It's always been pretty obvious which sponsors were supplying the owners with freebies by watching what kind of criticism consistantly got squelched.
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast