Thread: ASPARK question

Default ASPARK question

I just completed switching over to a SD tune using the custom OS. Before logging, I forced the octane scaler to 100% to ensure that I was running the high octane spark table, defeated DFCO and PE for the log. Naturally, while logging, my ASPARK PID was at 100%.

The tune went well. I've actually got a much tighter LTFT map than I had using MAF, performance is improved, and KR is reduced. I even was able to push the high RPM timing a bit with no negative consequences. Idle needs a bit of work, but it's not too bad.

However, after disabling the forced scaler and returning PE and DFCO to normal, when logging I'm showing ASPARK at 0%. Wouldn't this be indicating that it's dropped to the low octane table in spite of the custom OS, or am I just missing something?
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Lifetime Member

Default Re: ASPARK question

Quote Originally Posted by mistermike
    I just completed switching over to a SD tune using the custom OS. Before logging, I forced the octane scaler to 100% to ensure that I was running the high octane spark table, defeated DFCO and PE for the log. Naturally, while logging, my ASPARK PID was at 100%.

The tune went well. I've actually got a much tighter LTFT map than I had using MAF, performance is improved, and KR is reduced. I even was able to push the high RPM timing a bit with no negative consequences. Idle needs a bit of work, but it's not too bad.

However, after disabling the forced scaler and returning PE and DFCO to normal, when logging I'm showing ASPARK at 0%. Wouldn't this be indicating that it's dropped to the low octane table in spite of the custom OS, or am I just missing something?
    yes you are on the low octane spark map if the aspark is 0% , check to see how you disabled the octane scaler , did you disable it or set it to zero ?

Make sure A0002 is not set to 0, make sure that is set to 100.

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Make sure A0002 is not set to 0, make sure that is set to 100.

Cheers,
    Ross
    That must be it. For logging, I set A0000 to enable and A0001 to 100. For running, I simply set A0000 to disable. I didn't think about A0002 being in play without A0000 enabled, but now the logic of it is perfectly clear.

I must say, I am entirely impressed with the thoughtfulness and performance of the tuner. Laying a calibration down in less than a minute is a joy. I'm eagerly anticipating getting a pair of LC-1's to take advantage of the auto tune capability. Now, if I can only find a stretch of level road where I can hit 6500 RPM in 4th gear...