Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Authentication Code

Ok, very carefully read this, do not proceed until you understand this doc:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Ok, I now have boot block 2.07.07 and firmware 2.07.82.

Thanks

Ok, good job, thanks for reading that doc.

Hey guys, i'm experimenting communication problems between my flashscan V2 and my laptop... (no interface cable found) I'm getting pretty frustrated as everything was working just fine minutes before everything froze up. Flashscan device is communicating just fine with vehicle through obd11 port, and powering up from my laptop when unplugged from obd11 port, so i believe the cables are fine (i always baby them) I've been trying everything i could think of for 6 hours now to resolve the problem and still no go! I'm at the point where i'm trying to update the firmware but even with the Flashscan box in dead pole EFILive explorer wont enable the program button to let me reprogram it. I'm at loss right now, please somebody help me Actual firmware version is 2.07.35, and Boot Block 2.07.04 Thanks everyone.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The first thing you need to do is to get the correct firmware back into it so that you can update the boot block to V2.07.007

Download and install the latest V8 software available here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Run the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software and click on the [Check Firmware] button. You should get an option to [Update Firmware].

Once updated, you should then update the boot block to V2.07.007. After updating the boot block you'll have to re-update the firmware again because the when the boot block is updated it deletes the firmware.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi Paul, thanks for your quick response. I didn't get to read it until now as i may be on a different time zone (Canada). I read pretty much everything i could find on this forum to get to fix the problem, and it all seems to lead to updating Boot block and Firmware. So that's what i've been trying to do for hours now with no results as V7.5 and V8 dont get to ''see'' my Flashscan anymore.

I even installed EFILIVE on a different laptop thinking maybe there was something wrong with the communication ports on my old one, but still no go.

I dont think there's anything wrong with the Flashscan v2 as it really doesnt have a lot of runtime on it and it take so much care of it, like new really... It did connect with the vehicle i was working on a minute before something went wrong. I got out of the truck to lock all doors before going for a test drive, but when i came back into the vehicle, could not get communication with the device, and never did after.

I checked all the wiring and its good, Flashscan will power up and communicate with vehicle through OBD11, and will also power up though usb cable but wont communicate with laptop.

From there, i really dont see how i will get to re establish a communication channel between them.

I really appreciate any bit of help, Thanks. Jim

Have you tried a different set of cable's???

Happened to a friend of mine. I loaned him the cable's from V2 and problem solved. Ordered him a new set and my self a spare set after that indecent.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    Have you tried a different set of cable's???

Happened to a friend of mine. I loaned him the cable's from V2 and problem solved. Ordered him a new set and my self a spare set after that indecent.
    Thanks for your input 1FastBrick!

Unfortunately i did swap the usb cable no result, obd11 cable no result, different usb port on my laptop no result, loaded efilive on different laptop no result, attempted no update boot block and firmware no sucess...

Reading though all related stuff, i came to realize that the Flashscan should never be powered from two different cable to the vehicule at any moment. When i bought my flashscan, i assume i read that orange notice inside the box saying never use an inverter to power your laptop, which is probably the reason why i went and bought one of those 12 volt laptop chargers thinking it was all right, but it was NOT! Still, its been working just fine for six years but suddenly came to a stop...

So my advice to everyone on this forum: DO NOT EVER USE A 12 VOLT LAPTOP CHARGER WHILE YOUR FLASHSCAN IS CONNECTED TO THE VEHICLE! At any time you do so you're playing with your luck.

I sent my Flashscan to SoCal Diesel for repair 5 weeks ago, still waiting for an estimate...

hi guys i just got the adal disc and cable from envyous and on the paper work it said to come on here to get a free evaluation licence for efilive v4 but cant find it can any one help

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mobilegreasemonkey View Post
    hi guys i just got the adal disc and cable from envyous and on the paper work it said to come on here to get a free evaluation licence for efilive v4 but cant find it can any one help
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Thru-Jan-2020

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12