Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conversions

Default Conversions

I was looking for a way to convert EQ to AFR or vise versa , but did not see a conversion unit for that in the conversion tool , did I miss something ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

You can change it so it displays certain tables in EQ, Lambda or AFR, it's in the Edit > Properties section.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    You can change it so it displays certain tables in EQ, Lambda or AFR, it's in the Edit > Properties section.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Sorry may have not made it clear what I was asking , if I click Data conversion in Edit>Data conversion then click drop down arrow at the "From" box I do not see AFR or EQ listed there .
    Was looking for easier way than switching units each time then having to close the .tun file and reopen each time (wanted to start trying to learn EQ) , say like enter 1.18 in "From" in EQ and would be able to see 'To" AFR value .

Thanks
    Last edited by Chevy366; July 23rd, 2007 at 09:27 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Ok form of a question ,
    If I click Data conversion in Edit>Data conversion then click drop down arrow at the "From" box I do not see AFR or EQ listed there .
    Was looking for easier way than switching units each time then having to close the .tun file and reopen each time (wanted to start trying to learn EQ) , say like enter 1.18 in "From" in EQ and would be able to see 'To" AFR value .
    It that something that might be added ?
    2006 Trailblazer

Since an EQ of 1.0 is stoichometric for all fuels whereas an AFR of 14.7:1 is stoich for gasoline only a conversion table would have to ask also what fuel you are running.
    Easier to not try & confuse the two.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute
    Since an EQ of 1.0 is stoichometric for all fuels whereas an AFR of 14.7:1 is stoich for gasoline only a conversion table would have to ask also what fuel you are running.

The pcm is using on user input value of what is 1.0 eq. On the later year e38s, ect that value changes from 14.7 based on your alcohol content automatically. B3601 is what the ls1 uses for that value internally. If you change that value in the software, it skews the values in the whole operation of the vehicle. In e38 cars it uses table b3671.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute
    That would be a good Idea , enter EQ value see both Petrol and Diesel AFR like this , 1.0 EQ > 14.7 , 15.3 or AFR 14.7 > EQ 1.0 , 1.10 , first value Petrol second Diesel .
    2006 Trailblazer

Some petrol OS's come with B3601 set to either of 14.63 or 14.68.

Oh , I get it thanks joecar .
    14.63 divided by 1.2654 (EQ Ratio) = 11.56156 (AFR) .
    2006 Trailblazer

I have a xls spreadsheet I made to make conversions easier. If you want it give me a yell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast