Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta tester notification?

Default Beta tester notification?

Did the emails notifying who was chosen to be beta testers go out yet? Just curious... 8)

Me too.

List is being finalized as I type..............

But it could be in you inbox now, or maybe a day or two...

MRK

I will be patiently waiting...and hopeing...

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I haven't sent them yet. Still getting final OK's from some of the other decision makers.

Only about 10% of the applicants were actually chosen, the beta group is very small (about 10) and we focused mainly on stock vehicles and getting a spread of different vehicles, and equipment.

If you have not been selected (and 90% were not) for the beta test, please understand that it has nothing to do with whether you are qualified to test or not. It has mostly to do with whether you had a stock car and/or had a car that no-one else had and/or had a PC configuration that no-one else had and/or lived closed to someone that is an expert EFILive user.

I'd like to thank everyone who applied, please don't be offended if you were not selected. The beta test will be over soon and then the real fun begins

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    I haven't sent them yet. Still getting final OK's from some of the other decision makers.

Only about 10% of the applicants were actually chosen, the beta group is very small (about 10) and we focused mainly on stock vehicles and getting a spread of different vehicles, and equipment.

If you have not been selected (and 90% were not) for the beta test, please understand that it has nothing to do with whether you are qualified to test or not. It has mostly to do with whether you had a stock car and/or had a car that no-one else had and/or had a PC configuration that no-one else had and/or lived closed to someone that is an expert EFILive user.

I'd like to thank everyone who applied, please don't be offended if you were not selected. The beta test will be over soon and then the real fun begins

Regards
    Paul
    I totally understand, but it does seem strange that you would be looking for people with stock vehicles. I doubt many people with a totally stock vehicle would ever buy EFILive or the FlashScan product. Maybe I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER2002
    I totally understand, but it does seem strange that you would be looking for people with stock vehicles. I doubt many people with a totally stock vehicle would ever buy EFILive or the FlashScan product. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Yes, the part about stock car owners not using EFILive is true - but the goal of the beta test is not to "see if it works on modified cars". We already know it will work on modified cars - assuming the PCM is a "normal" PCM.

What we want to achieve from the beta test is to test the calibration changes against a "known/expected" baseline of functionality.

For example, say we were testing idle speed adjustments.
    (This is a simplistic description, I'm just using it as an example)

On a stock car the beta tester alters a calibration value by 10% and measures the result. We can then "know" the PCM's expected behaviour on a stock engine when that calibration is modified in that way.
    i.e. the report comes back that a 10% change to the calibration caused the idle speed to increase from 800 to 900rpm. We can then say with a high degree of certainty that EFILive Tuning Tool is working correctly on that vehicle.

Now assume we are doing the same test on a modified car. Maybe it has been drilled or maybe a bumpstop mod. When the report comes back from the tester saying that the calibration needed to be altered by 40% to increase idle speed from 800 to 900rpm it would mislead us - since we (and possibly even the tester) may not know or remember *all* the modifications on that engine.

Regards
    Paul

P.S. My LS1 is still 100% stock :( and I use EFILive. I never get a chance to work on it any more - too busy developing tools for everyone else.

P.S. My LS1 is still 100% stock :( and I use EFILive. I never get a chance to work on it any more - too busy developing tools for everyone else.
    Well, as 'stock' as a Callaway modified LS1 cn be

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Well, as 'stock' as a Callaway modified LS1 cn be
    I *knew* someone would say that, but it don't go any better than a standard SS :( I'd be lucky to get 13's in the 1/4)

I *knew* someone would say that, but it don't go any better than a standard SS :( I'd be lucky to get 13's in the 1/4)
    A good tradesman never blames he's tools :lol: :lol:
    I've seen the GTS tested in mags that rip a mid 13 no problem, must be time to stick it on the dyno and see whats up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast