Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Auto VE questions

Quote Originally Posted by ItzNota View Post
    What the hell am I doing wrong on mine??
    I have been reading over and over what you have said and it does NOT look like I am pulling the right numbers here!
    I am frustrated as all get out.....any help here would be appreciated guys. I need to nail down this idle..it's driving me bonkers!
    Post a copy of your tune and a log containing Desired Idle Airflow (GM.IACDES_B), RAFIG (CALC.RAFIG), IAC - LTIT (GM.IAC_LTD_DMA) and IAC - STIT (GM.IAC_STD_DMA). The log should contain a few other standard items (RPM, fuel trims, throttle position, and spark advance). Don't go over 24 channels (indicated at bottom of scanner on F8 PID page). To get the best results, make sure you capture your log when the car is completely cooled off (i.e. after it has sat out over night). Also, make sure you start recording right after you start the car all the way up to and beyond the normal operating temps - remember, oil temps rise much slower than coolant temps. Lastly, it's probably wise to leave the hood open, parking brake on, and don't touch the throttle if possible. Shouldn't take more than 15~20 minutes to fully warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    Post a copy of your tune and a log containing Desired Idle Airflow (GM.IACDES_B), RAFIG (CALC.RAFIG), IAC - LTIT (GM.IAC_LTD_DMA) and IAC - STIT (GM.IAC_STD_DMA). The log should contain a few other standard items (RPM, fuel trims, throttle position, and spark advance). Don't go over 24 channels (indicated at bottom of scanner on F8 PID page). To get the best results, make sure you capture your log when the car is completely cooled off (i.e. after it has sat out over night). Also, make sure you start recording right after you start the car all the way up to and beyond the normal operating temps - remember, oil temps rise much slower than coolant temps. Lastly, it's probably wise to leave the hood open, parking brake on, and don't touch the throttle if possible. Shouldn't take more than 15~20 minutes to fully warm up.
    I will do that this morning, but I notice that I do not have the GM.IACDES_B pid on my SUPPORTED list...I have everything else available though..

It should be under the AIR drop down list. If you uncheck the "supported" check box on top left, it may show up but be unsupported (see if it's there).

What kind of car?

It should be under the AIR drop down list. If you uncheck the "supported" check box on top left, it may show up but be unsupported (see if it's there).

What kind of car?
    2000 Camaro Z28 (A4)
    OS upgraded to 2002

yeah I saw that if I go into UNSUPPORTED then it is available..

Also, I am having trouble keeping the car idling on its own with out a tiny bit of assistance.....any quick remedies for this for the logging?

2000 Camaro Z28 (A4)
    OS upgraded to 2002

yeah I saw that if I go into UNSUPPORTED then it is available..

Also, I am having trouble keeping the car idling on its own with out a tiny bit of assistance.....any quick remedies for this for the logging?
    Did you adjust the throttle body set screw at all? Drill the throttle body blade? Ideally, you need to do one or the other on a cam'd application.

Also, what are the specific mods done and why did you change your OS? IMO - this can sometimes create more trouble than it's worth.

Did you adjust the throttle body set screw at all? Drill the throttle body blade? Ideally, you need to do one or the other on a cam'd application.

Also, what are the specific mods done and why did you change your OS? IMO - this can sometimes create more trouble than it's worth.
    I just wanted to update you that the logging is working now! Just by adding the IACDES_B it works. It didn't show up as a supported PID until I made a connection to the PCM. I apologize for the confusion.

So, I did my RAFIG and RAFPN....It is running a little better,but it is still super rough...I don't think I have that big of a cam at 224/224 581/581 114LSA.
    Anyway, I will PM you with the work done on the Camaro....it is really nothing big. h/c and I upgraded the intake to the LS6. LT Headers and LMII exhaust....ahh, 42lbs/hr injectors.

Why did I upgrade to 2002 OS? I believe it was a thread I read from possibly Joecar or someone reputable that claimed it was better to upgrade. Upgrading to Custom OS was easier that way if I ever wanted to...basically, it looked to me the better way to go. I can always go back if you think that would be better.

For a simple heads/cam car, I don't personally think it's necessary. Now, if you were going to go to a custom operating system because of the boost or N2O features....that would be a different story since you have to do those based on a newer OS IIRC.

Looking over your response....still didn't answer if you touched the TB set screw or enlarged the hole.?.? Also, would be a good idea to take note of (and let us know) where your IAC counts are once the car is up to temp.

For a simple heads/cam car, I don't personally think it's necessary. Now, if you were going to go to a custom operating system because of the boost or N2O features....that would be a different story since you have to do those based on a newer OS IIRC.

Looking over your response....still didn't answer if you touched the TB set screw or enlarged the hole.?.? Also, would be a good idea to take note of (and let us know) where your IAC counts are once the car is up to temp.

Sorry man, no I did not touch the TB screw or drill the hole out...nope nope nope.
    I will upload the RAFIG and RAFPN right now..
    RAFPN isn't very long because I did it this morning after I did the RAFIG...I will redo it tomorrow morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ItzNota; October 30th, 2008 at 07:36 AM.

Sorry man, no I did not touch the TB screw or drill the hole out...nope nope nope.
    I will upload the RAFIG and RAFPN right now..
    RAFPN isn't very long because I did it this morning after I did the RAFIG...I will redo it tomorrow morning.
    Wow - just realized I don't have 7.5. Can't view the log. Oh well...

Here's a starter file. Your tune had very little changed from a stock file. Changing the VE while the MAF is still enabled doesn't work too well. And, if you did unplug the MAF, you were running off the stock '02 low octane table (Low octane table used during MAF failure aka SD). So, I changed some things. Well, a LOT of things:

Currently: SET FOR SPEED DENSITY TUNING

EGR / AIR Still Enabled
    NO DFCO - (B3313)
    NO STFTs - (B4205)
    NO LTFTs - (B3801)
    Starter VE's Created - (B0101 / B0103)
    MAF Disabled - (C2901 thru C2906 & P0101 thru P0103)
    Injector Tables Adjusted - (B4001& B4003 thru B4005)
    Trans set for 2.73 gears

What you need to do:

1) Save this as a base file on your computer.

2) Before flashing it into the car, copy the high octane to the low octane spark map.

3) Save As... a new version 1 file.

4) Full-flash .v1 tune into car (OS and all)

5) Perform AutoVE process with WBO2 and make changes to both VE tables (refer to tutorial if fuzzy on process - don't need to add any extra to VE's as starter file is already setup)

6) After AutoVE is done, re-enable MAF (put back stock numbers) and put the low octane map back in from the base file.

7) Re-flash and tune the MAF

8) After MAF tuning, put fuel trims and DFCO back to stock & reflash.

9) Once fueling is close, fine tune RAFIG and RAFPN

You can download a stock file from www.holdencrazy.com to compare all the differences and change tables back to stock.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow - just realized I don't have 7.5. Can't view the log. Oh well...

Here's a starter file. Your tune had very little changed from a stock file. Changing the VE while the MAF is still enabled doesn't work too well. And, if you did unplug the MAF, you were running off the stock '02 low octane table (Low octane table used during MAF failure aka SD). So, I changed some things. Well, a LOT of things:

Currently: SET FOR SPEED DENSITY TUNING

EGR / AIR Still Enabled
    NO DFCO - (B3313)
    NO STFTs - (B4205)
    NO LTFTs - (B3801)
    Starter VE's Created - (B0101 / B0103)
    MAF Disabled - (C2901 thru C2906 & P0101 thru P0103)
    Injector Tables Adjusted - (B4001& B4003 thru B4005)
    Trans set for 2.73 gears

What you need to do:

1) Save this as a base file on your computer.

2) Before flashing it into the car, copy the high octane to the low octane spark map.

3) Save As... a new version 1 file.

4) Full-flash .v1 tune into car (OS and all)

5) Perform AutoVE process with WBO2 and make changes to both VE tables (refer to tutorial if fuzzy on process - don't need to add any extra to VE's as starter file is already setup)

6) After AutoVE is done, re-enable MAF (put back stock numbers) and put the low octane map back in from the base file.

7) Re-flash and tune the MAF

8) After MAF tuning, put fuel trims and DFCO back to stock & reflash.

9) Once fueling is close, fine tune RAFIG and RAFPN

You can download a stock file from www.holdencrazy.com to compare all the differences and change tables back to stock.
    Wow, thanks for taking the time to do that...
    Couple things I am going to have to modify in your reply though.
    1) No more EGR...took it off
    Basically converted my 00 to 02...software and hardware-wise. Only thing I need to double check is Transmission differences.
    With what you replied I realized some stuff...Thanks much for the assistance. I am sure I will have more questions later on, but I definitely have a better idea now.

Mike

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast