Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto VE questions

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    #1 - (helpful tip) You shouldn't be logging more than 24 channels. It kills resolution in your logs. You have 33 channels tied up there.

#2 - Your map (any map) should look like the table in the tune that your trying to change. You should only have one column. For RAFIG adjustments, I made my column RPM referenced with ",8000" as the label. The rows should be labeled the same as the table in the tune (ECT's in the grey boxes on the left). The RAFIG pid is your data. But, the kicker is, I don't really use the map feature when changing desired idle airflow. I look at the charts on the dashboard's second page (page B). If you highlight a group of frames, it will display the high, low, and average for that selection. I use that to quickly determine the average RAFIG for a given ECT.

#3 - The average correction for each temp based on the log you attached should be as follows:

32*C = 0.00 (no correction in log)
    44*C = +2.10 (add 2.1 to your table)
    56*C = -5.10 (subtract from your table)
    68*C = -3.80
    80*C = -3.00
    92*C = -3.00
    I Apologize for the newbie question and maybe I'm just dense, but when you looked at the dashboard and read the data, which parameter did you interpret? I figured ECT, but wasn't sure. I understand the highlight part, but how did you know where to highlight?

Once again, I Apologize for the newbie question! I'm still just trying to learn some of this.......It's coming VERY slowly though!

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyG
    I Apologize for the newbie question and maybe I'm just dense, but when you looked at the dashboard and read the data, which parameter did you interpret? I figured ECT, but wasn't sure. I understand the highlight part, but how did you know where to highlight?

Once again, I Apologize for the newbie question! I'm still just trying to learn some of this.......It's coming VERY slowly though!

Thanks for the help!
    The easiest way is to create a simple filter. If you're looking to change the 176*F cell, I would exclude data where ECT is less than 175*F and greater than 177*F. Then, the average RAFIG is the pid you interpret to determine how much of a correction you need to make.

Thank You SSpdDmon! I'll try that!

What pid's should I log for the RAFIG and RAFPN besides these:

How long does it take before learning this gets easier?
    Last edited by FreddyG; September 2nd, 2007 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyG
    Thank You SSpdDmon! I'll try that!

What pid's should I log for the RAFIG and RAFPN besides these:

How long does it take before learning this gets easier?
    N/P

You only have to log 3 of the 6 - the in gear OR the p/n pids. If your car is an M6, then you only have to do the in gear side of the table as the p/n stuff isn't used.

As for how long it takes to learn easier...I can't help ya with that one. I've been using the software for 2 years or so and I learn something new every month still.

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
    N/P

You only have to log 3 of the 6 - the in gear OR the p/n pids. If your car is an M6, then you only have to do the in gear side of the table as the p/n stuff isn't used.

As for how long it takes to learn easier...I can't help ya with that one. I've been using the software for 2 years or so and I learn something new every month still.
    Thank You once again for the help SSpdDmon!

So let's see it took you 2 years to get where you are, then by about 2015, I should have the hang of it! Maybe 2012 if I get a RoadRunner!

Lifetime Member

I am still wondering if we have any A/C ON parameters for this.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon View Post
    I probably should have been more clear earlier...responses have been edited.

In the 'map' view, the cells for each ECT will average the range between the various ECT's on the left. For example, the average RAFIG correction in your map for 44*C (-1.328grams/sec) is really the average correction for all temps between 38.1*C and 49.9*C.

What I explained to do was to look at 44*C and ignore all of the crap inbetween. When you filter out the data to show only 44*C, the average correction shows a different story (+2.1 grams/second). That's the data you want to use and that's why my number is different than yours.
    What the hell am I doing wrong on mine??
    I have been reading over and over what you have said and it does NOT look like I am pulling the right numbers here!
    I am frustrated as all get out.....any help here would be appreciated guys. I need to nail down this idle..it's driving me bonkers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rafig.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	4154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dataforrafig.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	4155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	columnrafig.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	4156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rowrafig.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	4157  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ItzNota View Post
    What the hell am I doing wrong on mine??
    I have been reading over and over what you have said and it does NOT look like I am pulling the right numbers here!
    I am frustrated as all get out.....any help here would be appreciated guys. I need to nail down this idle..it's driving me bonkers!
    What exactly is your issue?
    The log supplied is very short & will only supply data for the two cells in which no need for correction is evident.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    What exactly is your issue?
    The log supplied is very short & will only supply data for the two cells in which no need for correction is evident.
    Am I not letting it go long enough??
    I just feel like it is not setup correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by ItzNota View Post
    Am I not letting it go long enough??
    I just feel like it is not setup correctly...
    It appears to be set up correctly however something does appear to be wrong. Your idle is falling with temp & no correction is being logged.
    There was an issue a while ago posted on this forum by macca779 that I will try & find.
    I assume that this car of yours is electronic throttle. Is this correct?
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast