Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto VE questions

Thank you SSpdDmon, that last post really cleared it up! I appreciate the help. I'm just now getting around to making these changes though.

What did you mean that 33 channels (pids) will kill my resolution? Is my data not as accurate as it could be? I'm not sure how my logs would change from having 33 instead of 24 pids?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xtnct00WS6; August 10th, 2007 at 02:39 PM.

24 or less channels will update each pid 10 times/sec.
    More than 24 channels will update each pid 5 times/sec or slower.

Lifetime Member

yea but for idle stuff the slower resolution doesnt really matter, unless you're doing timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
    Thank you SSpdDmon, that last post really cleared it up! I appreciate the help. I'm just now getting around to making these changes though.

What did you mean that 33 channels (pids) will kill my resolution? Is my data not as accurate as it could be? I'm not sure how my logs would change from having 33 instead of 24 pids?

Thanks!
    Look @ the F8 tab in the scanner. Just below all of the pids, it tells you how many channels and how many pids are selected. Some pids have more than one channel. So, when I say less than 24 channels, it's like less than 20 pids. You just have to look at what you need and what you don't.

Not to be a late comer to this thread but you (and anybody else parousing this thread) should check out all the nice preconfigured MAPs already set up. Really a nice touch that has been included in the last few releases of the software- Thanks Paul, Ross, et all.

You can do this by selecting the "Open a new MAP" button in the scan tool when you have the MAPs tab opened up. It is on the left hand top part of the screen with a folder and a little colorful film strip looking thingy.

Sorry I don't have enough time to post up a screen shot, gotta get ready for a carshow.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

My idle is much better now. The engine doesn't shake like it used to! It's a night and day difference! Should I also do the same procedure for RAFPN?

I should have asked this a while ago, but which AFR should I be looking at? The AFR_LC11 which is under the 02-Wide "System", or the AFR_WB1 which is under the Fuel "System"? You can see they're different and they almost always are. The map I made is using AFR_LC11.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
    My idle is much better now. The engine doesn't shake like it used to! It's a night and day difference! Should I also do the same procedure for RAFPN?

I should have asked this a while ago, but which AFR should I be looking at? The AFR_LC11 which is under the 02-Wide "System", or the AFR_WB1 which is under the Fuel "System"? You can see they're different and they almost always are. The map I made is using AFR_LC11.

Thanks!
    If you have an M6, then you only have to do RAFIG. If you have an A4, you have to do RAFIG & RAFPN. Since you've already done RAFIG, copy over the In Gear column to the Park/Neutral column and use that as a starting point.

You need to use the pid that has the right equation for your WB. If you're running an LC1 with the factory calibration, then you pick the LC1 pid. If you reprogrammed your LC1 with the Innovate software, then you need to make a custom pid/equation that will interpret the voltage output to calculate an AFR.

May be a dumb question, but when SSpdDemon said he references his RAFIG Map by RPM, then he chose 8000rpm... I thought you were supposed to match the Map to the table you are tuning in the Tuner tool?

When I log with the RAFIG pid, do I just let the car sit there and idle to fully warm? Or drive around?

If I am to reference the pid data by RPM, what RPM? Does the label matter?

I am in the same boat, learning as much as possible.

Thanks guys.

-GF

If a table only has 1 column, you make that column be a pid that you're logging and you give it it's full range... otherwise the column will be undefined.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger911
    May be a dumb question, but when SSpdDemon said he references his RAFIG Map by RPM, then he chose 8000rpm... I thought you were supposed to match the Map to the table you are tuning in the Tuner tool?

When I log with the RAFIG pid, do I just let the car sit there and idle to fully warm? Or drive around?

If I am to reference the pid data by RPM, what RPM? Does the label matter?

I am in the same boat, learning as much as possible.

Thanks guys.

-GF
    Like joecar said....for single column (1-D) tables you need some sort of value to log what you're after. The essential parts of the table in the tune are needed (i.e. ECT in this case with the data being your RAFIG).

When dialing in your *idle* using the RAFIG process...no, you don't drive around. (Sorry, I'm a smart-ass by nature...no offense intended).

Yes. Like joecar said, you need to make sure it captures all RPM's at idle in a single column. Therefore, you make the label ,8000 (comma-eight-zero-zero-zero).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast