Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Road Runner ASAP

Default Need help with Road Runner ASAP

Well today I installed Road Runner in my 2002 TA M6. I did everything that I was supposed to, like copying my stock tune to the Road Runner. When I loaded it up I notice that the vin number was not mine and the info looked like for a 2001 camero automatic. WTF Does RR come with a tune on it I have no idea how that info could get in my RR PCM. Everything went fine until I started the car.
    First the car idles at about 450-500 RPM then it would not let me go into reverse easily (M6). I take it for a short drive and I could tell the MPH is way off. I went to use the scan and it is saying that I have a automatic with 3.23 gears.
    I downloaded the tune from the holden for the 2002 TA Manual. I flashed it into the PCM and nothing changed except I can go in reverse a lot better. Can anyone shed some light on my problem? How do I get the car to know that is a M6 and not an automatic. Thanks in advance.

Probably the best thing would be for you to reinstall your stock PCM, download the tune, re-install the RR and then flash the RR with your tune.

did you do a full flash or cal only? sounds dumb,but are you using the RR toolbar not the normal EFILive one.
    It's all good until it goes "Bang"

I was using the RR toolbar. I put my stock PCM and copy the tune again and see what happens. Thanks for the response.

The RR toolbar has the same options as the normal stuff. Read,cal flash and full flash. If your not sure whats in your RR, just do a read and compare to your original .tun file. It only takes a few seconds.

UPDATE
    I put the stock pcm back in the car and read it with the flash scan. When I look in the misc calabrations my transmission read m6 and all everything else looks correct. So I read the pcm and save the stock tune file. Then I put the RR pcm in and do the same thing. First I look at in the misc calabrations and it reads 4l60e as if I have a automatic. So then I go to the RR toolbar and reflash the Operating sys and Calabration (The one with the fat red arrow pointing to the PCM chip) It said everything was flashed sucessfully. So I go back into the flash scan and it still read 4l60e just like before. What am I doing wrong? I just cant figure this out. Any help would be welcomed.

There is a "?" icon in the RR control panel as well, this is used to verify RR PCM against operating system and calibrations. hook up to your RR,load your original saved .tun file into flashscan,click on the "?" icon and do a verify, let us know how you go. Or after you flash your RR you could read it back out and do a compare with your original .tun file.

OK so I did it and it said warning the calibrations files are different. So how do I make them the same. I have read through the manual about a hundred times. Why is the RR not taking any of the tunes, even though it say flashing was succesfull.

have you done a compare between bins, what exactly is different between them, what is your difference % set to?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	difference.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	1934  

This might seem redundant but are you using the flashscan cable or the USB to read and write to the Road Runner? The early RoadRunner's could switch between flash and emulation, is yours switched by some chance?
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast