Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SD/Open Loop Script

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    There is a play icon in the Flashcan tool bar when you hit it you will have to direct it where the file is located after you click run it will make the changes and you will be good to go
    OK I see it in the Tuning program. Thanks. Can you run scripts to setup PIDs in the scanning software?

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingSS
    OK I see it in the Tuning program. Thanks. Can you run scripts to setup PIDs in the scanning software?
    Bill
    Ther eis no scripting feature in the Scan Tool.
    But what do you actually mean by "Setup PIDs"?
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Quote Originally Posted by BowlingSS
    Bill
    Ther eis no scripting feature in the Scan Tool.
    But what do you actually mean by "Setup PIDs"?
    Paul
    I was talking about selecting all the pids you need but you can just select them and save under a different name. What was I thinking? Long Day.

Bill
    2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
    CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
    Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
    VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
    XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
    Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
    Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
    Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    I redid the script and think it is all there. You need to MAKE SURE that your display units in the editor are set to default.

When you say "make sure the display units are set to "default" what do you mean?

I notice that the 12.9 values in the PE table are not right in my cal file because mine displays in EQ ratio, not A/F ratio.

So, two questions:

A) How do we get the units in the PE tables, etc to read in A/F instead of EQ ratio, and...

B) can we just write that into the script to ensure the units are correct?

-Ben
    EFI UNIVERSITY
    "Setting the Standard"
    www.efi101.com

A) In the Tuner, go to Edit---->Properties and select "Display as AFR"

B) No, I asked this before to Paul. Only way to have the script effective is to make sure all the display units are set to how it was originally written.

To reset all the display units back to the originally settings go to Edit---->Configure Display Units, click the "Recall" button and then OK. This "should" fix the problem.

Sorry for the inconvience.

No worries.....

I ended up figuring it out before I came back to read this post.

I actually re-wrote the script to my liking and also used EQ ratios rather than A/F's.

The only thing is.....

I'm debating over whether or not we should have a commanded A/F ratio of 12.9 {1.138 EQ in my case} in the open loop EQ table {B3605}, AND also have a 1.14 EQ ratio specified for PE mode.

I think this will give a 12.9 A/F at a given MAP when NOT in PE mode, but then when PE mode is entered it would apply the 1.14 EQ to the already 12.9 A/F to end up with an 11.3 ish A/F ratio.

I notice your script actually seems to disable the PE by waiting to be higher than 105 Kpa before entering PE, but I don't think thats a great idea.

By setting the command A/F only in the open loop table we severly limit our ability to control the engine under different circumstances.

For instance, the table is set up in MAP vs Coolant temp variables.

That means that assuming the coolant temps stay normal and don't move around too much (very likely) then ONLY the MAP will affect the desired A/F ratio...not TPS, coolant, air temp, or RPM.

By using the PE modes we have all that added flexibility to use.

At 1000 rpms the engine will easily see about 100 Kpa with only around 15% TPS (but not need to have extremely rich mixtures, maybe something more like 13.3 - 13.5 A/F instead.)

Setting the TPS PE threshold higher than this will allow us to take care of that situation.

As the RPM goes up though, it will take progressively more TPS % to get high MAP values and thus the PE mode would then be in effect and the world operates as normal! :wink:

Just a thought...

-Ben
    EFI UNIVERSITY
    "Setting the Standard"
    www.efi101.com

Quote Originally Posted by EFIGUY
    I think this will give a 12.9 A/F at a given MAP when NOT in PE mode, but then when PE mode is entered it would apply the 1.14 EQ to the already 12.9 A/F to end up with an 11.3 ish A/F ratio.

I notice your script actually seems to disable the PE by waiting to be higher than 105 Kpa before entering PE, but I don't think thats a great idea.

By setting the command A/F only in the open loop table we severly limit our ability to control the engine under different circumstances.

For instance, the table is set up in MAP vs Coolant temp variables.

That means that assuming the coolant temps stay normal and don't move around too much (very likely) then ONLY the MAP will affect the desired A/F ratio...not TPS, coolant, air temp, or RPM.

By using the PE modes we have all that added flexibility to use.

At 1000 rpms the engine will easily see about 100 Kpa with only around 15% TPS (but not need to have extremely rich mixtures, maybe something more like 13.3 - 13.5 A/F instead.)

Setting the TPS PE threshold higher than this will allow us to take care of that situation.

As the RPM goes up though, it will take progressively more TPS % to get high MAP values and thus the PE mode would then be in effect and the world operates as normal! :wink:

Just a thought...

-Ben
    The PCM looks for the RICHEST multiplier to use between the open loop and PE tables. So if you have 12.9 in one and 14.7 in another, you get a commanded of 12.9.

The reasoning for disabling PE mode is this, I don't want to have normal driving enable PE for ANY reason and alter my data for my BEN. I have since writing this changed the way PE is entered. I have enabled it to only activate when MAP is above 75kPa. This way I can call for a richer commanded AFR down low and then lean it out up top. Anything under 75 is still going to retain the 14.63 AFR and anything above that calls for the PE vs RPM table.

Why would you need to have PE activated below 75kPa for tuning purposes? By doing that you would have certain portions that are rich and not needed. Once you are done tuning the car and all is dialed in, then I would go back and re-enable PE to activate with a MAP that is less then 75kPa just for the extra throttle response.

This is just my thinking and reasoning as I am learning just like eveyone else.

Chad

Hi chad,

I respect your thoughts, but I must point out that being in PE mode (or not), will NOT affect your BEN tuning.

Having PE on or off only affects the COMMANDED A/F ratio, and since the BEN factor only looks at actual vs commanded A/F to determine the BEN factor, the actual value of VE will not be any different in either case.

It comes down to a simple matter of testing, trial and error, and personal choice when slecting what EQ ratio to run after the VE table has been corrected by the BEN.

In the end you can do it either way, but setting up your open loop A/F table and the PE tables first, and THEN using the BEN to get the correct VE numbers will shorten the process.

I am a bit surprised by your comment that the ECU looks for the RICHER of the two commanded mixtures, and you may very well be correct....I will be spending several hours on the dyno today to test this specifically....if you are right, then I have been schooled! :P

Thanks for sharing this info with all of us, as we all learn together!
    EFI UNIVERSITY
    "Setting the Standard"
    www.efi101.com

Ben,
    A few of us have noticed an anomaly, for lack of a better word, in the way the VE table is used by the PCM.

For simplicity sake, if you configure an OLSD tune commanding a 13:1 AFR across the board, get the VE table dialed in, then later change the commanded AFR to 14.6:1, the BEN factor will be skewed by a small percentage.

Have you noticed this too in your testing, or will you have time today during your dyno testing to verify this?

Hi chad,

I respect your thoughts, but I must point out that being in PE mode (or not), will NOT affect your BEN tuning.

Having PE on or off only affects the COMMANDED A/F ratio, and since the BEN factor only looks at actual vs commanded A/F to determine the BEN factor, the actual value of VE will not be any different in either case. It comes down to a simple matter of testing, trial and error, and personal choice when slecting what EQ ratio to run after the VE table has been corrected by the BEN.
    I have seen that when I command a lower AFR then my VE table doesn't correspond to a different AFR. ie. Command 13.0/Actual 13.0 (Same VE) Command 14.63/Actual maybe between 13.8-15.0. Delco has seen the same results. I would think this would throw off the VE at lower kPa's when tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    I found if you did it with a flat 13:1 everywhere it was not quite right when going back to 14.63

In the end you can do it either way, but setting up your open loop A/F table and the PE tables first, and THEN using the BEN to get the correct VE numbers will shorten the process.

I am a bit surprised by your comment that the ECU looks for the RICHER of the two commanded mixtures, and you may very well be correct....I will be spending several hours on the dyno today to test this specifically....if you are right, then I have been schooled! :P

Thanks for sharing this info with all of us, as we all learn together!
    I think it is richer..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast