Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online tutorial??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Online tutorial??

Is there anything out there to teach you how to use EFILive? Specifically, for the duramax? I don't want to just but this and see if I can figure it out. I downloaded the software to "play with" and see if it makes any sense to me, but nothing yet!! This is obviously very expensive, and if I'm going to order something that's going to put me in the doghouse for 2 weeks, then I want to be able to use it.

I would be interested in this too, would love to use EFI to the max!!!!

Me too, but for the LS2 E40 and T42 TCM

Lifetime Member

Theres an AutoVE tutorial for the E40 on the site, Gelf VXR spent lots of time perfecting it for the E40 vs the LS1 PCM. Look at THIS THREAD
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'd be interested in knowing if there are any new classes coming up also.

Well?
    What's the "state of the art" on EFILive online tutorials, classes, and affiliated websites - sounds like a time for R and P and a few others to get together to make a snapshot; and post a set of links and addresses!
    Early EFILive V5 user - Upgraded from AutoTap for DOS!
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28, A4 - For occasional day trips...
    1984 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - For the family...
    1989 Honda VTR250 - For me and me only...

Yeah. I still can't even use mine. I can't find where I'm suppose to enter in my vin even after reading the users manual a couple of times, and asking on here. I'm starting to get disappointed with this expensive disc that I can't even use.

Frozen WS6,

File->Enter VIN
    on page 43 and Bidirectional->Change VIN on page 52 of the scantool user manual pdf.

I am sorry your question wasn't answered before... we will make a point of answering your questions.

The disc is free... the scantool/tunetool user manual pdf's contain all the information you need to scan/log/read/tune/flash your WS6.

The AutoVE tutorial contains information that will help you tune... it indirectly shows some relationships between tables... other information can be obtained from the forum, see additional links: showthread.php?t=2990

Of course, some tuning knowledge is required (learning curve)... EFILive is a tool, the user manuals/forum give you information on how to use the tool... you have to learn how to apply the tool... there is lots of information on the forum on how to apply the tool... if you're not familiar with tuning you will need to do some reading (several books are available from Amazon and other booksellers: Jeff Hartman, Ben Strader, Greg Banish).

Please do ask questions, the forum will help you out.

Cheers
    Joe

Thanks. I have a couple of tuning how to books. I know I have the one by Ben Strader and one other one. I can't remember who wrote it. Both were very informative but they don't really ever touch on efilive. I need to order a wide band and then the learning curve can begin. Small steps at a time.

Default New Owner

I just received my EFI LIVE V2 and tuner software from wait4me. I personnally thought it was very well documented. I was even impressed with how recent the version of software was the disk (only 2 updates had to be downloaded and they were seamless if the instructions are followed. I followed the provided instructions on the install disk. I had a few pauses to think but the documents were spot on. Of course now the hard part comes. The actual tuning. I was able to hook up last night and down load my stock tune in to the laptop. So I will spent a few days digesting that.
    I do have 2 questions and I haven't spent time yet to find the answers. I'm sure they are in the manual. 1) Does the Real time tuning feature work. I was just experimenting last night and tried to turn the skip shift light on but nothing happened? 2) How do you get PIDs (what does pid stand for?) in to the scan tool so I can log?
    I'm sure the answer is online or in the manual, so please no flaming. I was really just commenting on the profession product I received was, and thought I would type out those questions.
    Thanks Everyone
    Ed
    2001 LS1 in a WS6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast