Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online tutorial??

Hi Ed, welcome to the forum...

1) Real Time Tuning works with the Roadrunner PCM which is a modified PCM modified to allow changes via USB or Bluetooth... EFILive connects to the Roadrunner and allows real time changes.

2) PID = parameter id... "PID" or "pid" has become short terminology for "parameter that can be scanned and/or logged"... other scantool vendors have the same usage.

To get an idea of how some tables interrelate, have a read of the AutoVE tutorial.

Cheers
    Joe

There is a free disk on how to scan then tune? I've had mine for years and still don't know how to use it. I have a C5 Corvette and want to change cam and heads but have no idea how to tune it. I've only used it to make small changes. Spent all that money on a tool I can't use. Is there a disc or book that can teach me how? Really don't want to spend another $500 on the 101 class. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There is a free disk on how to scan then tune? I've had mine for years and still don't know how to use it. I have a C5 Corvette and want to change cam and heads but have no idea how to tune it. I've only used it to make small changes. Spent all that money on a tool I can't use. Is there a disc or book that can teach me how? Really don't want to spend another $500 on the 101 class. Thanks for any help.
    Hi Rich,

Follow the What to Tune Steps links in my sig.

Or, maybe better, have a read of at this: A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.

Where in CA are you located...?

Thanks for reply. I'm in Southern California near Los Angeles.

Lifetime Member

Hello Rich,

To develop your tuning knowledge base at no cost, other than time …..
    • print out all of the manuals and tutorials included with the EFILive software, organize them in a binder (it will be about 6 inches thick) - and read them all at least once
    • these documents are usually downloaded to C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Doc - there should be 2 manuals and about 12 tutorials
    • review the interactive tutorials on the EFILive home page
    • read all posts on this Forum relevant to the PCM / ECM / TCM you want to tune
    • post questions on this Forum
    Books and manuals would be the next avenue of least expense to broaden your knowledge base. Some days I think I singlehandedly keep Helm Inc. in business.

DVDs and attending classes are the next progressions from a cost perspective.

Regards,
    Taz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12