Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good write up on how to tune

Default Is this a good write up on how to tune

I have found this on ls1tech.com. I know it is not new, but if the info is good and correct how could I apply this to efi live. Since it seem to be written for HP Tuners. I think this would be a good sticky if someone could just make it so it could apply to efi live. I am really wanting to learn how to tune correctly. My goals are to be able to tune my car with the MAF. Thanks for any help in advance. Heres the link. http://www.transamws6.net/HPTuners/ls1tuninginfo.doc

That's what I started out reading over 2 years ago. The jist of it is correct (if I remember right). Just don't do anything crazy like disable PE and set Commanded Fuel in Open Loop to 14.63 across the board if you're going to tune the VE. That would be bad, mmmmk? That and you should be using a WBO2 to tune the VE.

Anyway, enough being a smartass. If you have any specific questions, post up and we'll help out.
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; August 6th, 2007 at 05:07 AM.

Do you have a wideband O2 sensor...?

I have LC1 wideband.

I'd suggest getting the wideband hooked up and make sure it's working properly in the scanner. Then, familiarize yourself with the scanner, making maps, and reviewing data. One of the best things to know is how to make a map. If you can make a data map in the scanner that looks just like the table you want to change in the tuning tool, then you're halfway there.

I have been reading and rereading everything in the scan tool manual and the tuning tool manual. I also have been playing with making map just like you suggest. Howerver I am just not sure what order that I am supposed to go in as far as tuning. I will do some more reading and then play with the scanner some more. Thank You SSpd Dmon for your help. I will let you know If I have any other questions.

No problem.

Be sure to also read the Auto VE tutorial pdf.

Also, if you disable all TM/TR, just be warned that it was there to protect the drivetrain and for traction control, but it's entirely up to you what you do with it.

Thanks joe car I will be sure to check out the auto ve pdf. I am still trying to get the scan tool manual down pact. I feel that I do have a good grasp on the tune tool manual. I also desided to update my sig so you all would know what I have and how this could affect my tuning.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

Here's a good starter tune for a stock cam'd LS1. Keep an eye on the fuel trims and KR. This should be close. Not perfect though...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SSpdDmon; August 6th, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast