Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changed my IFR...AFR Is erratic

Quote Originally Posted by zapp168
    I will take a peek....Thanks...I think / hope this is just going to be some more VE tuning. The car does not run bad now, just rather have the correct numbers in there.....How did he pick those IFR numbers?
    A 5% reduction in the IFR table is pretty much a 5% increase in fuel delivered (richer). Increase the IFR 5%, and AFR should lean out 5%.

Keep in mind, the IFR table references MANVAC and not MAP.

BARO-MAP=MANVAC (if I remember right)

That Was It!!!!!!
    I added 15 percent to the VE table and plugged in the corrected numbers into the IFR table......NEW CAR!!!! Since I had it tuned the car just felt sluggish, like I was towing something. When I started auto VE I could not seem to get the AFR right. Now the car woke right up, the pedal is responsive and it pulls HARD! BEN is showing close to all 1.00 and the AFR is correct....NICE.
    The other issue that I never had before the injectors were installed is this harsh bucking at 1500 RPM (which is actually less now also), I think a better direction is to work on the injector settings (minimum pulse ...etc.) other that throttle cracker / follower since the motor and the low end tune were unchanged, just adding the injectors made it buck. What ya think?
    98 WS6, M6, 02 PCM, CO3, SD 2 Bar tune, 416 D1SC Procharger, 73# Injectors, Patriot Lq9 heads, 232 int 240 exh. Lift .595 int .608 exh 115.. header, Intake, AEM WB.

If AFR is close, I find that bucking/surging is related to the other two remaining factors: spark and airflow.

but but but.......it was Otayyyyy before the injectors??? The spark and airflow did not change. Do you mean that the spark and airflow need to be adjusted because of the larger injectors? I tried before following your example but had no luck....maybe now I will....I am just happy it runs so much better now....
    98 WS6, M6, 02 PCM, CO3, SD 2 Bar tune, 416 D1SC Procharger, 73# Injectors, Patriot Lq9 heads, 232 int 240 exh. Lift .595 int .608 exh 115.. header, Intake, AEM WB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12