Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have received a little bit of bad news.

Default I have received a little bit of bad news.

I recently had a RR issue so I had to send my PCM to Craig Moates. He informed me that the RR PCM was faulty. He told me that it will be a couple of weeks before he gets in any new PCM's. So it looks like I will have to wait about 2 week or more for my RR PCM to come in. This is not a bash a Craig Moates because his customer support is second to none. He has answered all my questions and usually with in a couple of hours of my post. My question is since I have V1 lashScan Scan and Tune Commercial. Can I still tune my stock PCM. I think the answer is yes but I just want to make sure.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

Yes, you can still tune your stock PCM.

You are good to go with the tuning.

Yes, but you may experience shakes, headaches, incontenence and a general irratable bowel going back to a "normal" pcm.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Is the RR DT's ?
    98 WS6, M6, 02 PCM, CO3, SD 2 Bar tune, 416 D1SC Procharger, 73# Injectors, Patriot Lq9 heads, 232 int 240 exh. Lift .595 int .608 exh 115.. header, Intake, AEM WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Yes, but you may experience shakes, headaches, incontenence and a general irratable bowel going back to a "normal" pcm.
    Do you think I should on wait on tuneing until I get my RR back?
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress

Quote Originally Posted by zapp168
    Is the RR DT's ?
    What is DT's? Sorry for the newb question.

The DT's is just your withdrawal symptoms mate. As for waiting for your RR I wouldnt. You can make plenty of logs & learn to read charts & results without it. IMO it will be more beneficial in the long run.

I also have another question. My buddy has HP Tuners and wants to tune my car. Is there anything bad that could happen ie like the PCM being locked. I was thinking about letting him do it. And then putting back in my stock tune so I can view the changes with my efi live.

Quote Originally Posted by esco35m
    I also have another question. My buddy has HP Tuners and wants to tune my car. Is there anything bad that could happen ie like the PCM being locked. I was thinking about letting him do it. And then putting back in my stock tune so I can view the changes with my efi live.
    Blasphemy , HPTuners should never be mentioned here .
    Have him use EFILive to do it with .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast