Thread: ANother RR RTACS Question

Question ANother RR RTACS Question

I got RR installed Sunday and actually managed to update my VE table while driving after talking to Craig Moates.

I went out today and tried to double check my work by updating my VE in RT and my VE table starting going crazy. My idle cell is 45KPA x 800 RPM and is 39.6 currently. RR in RT started driving this cell up to 60+ before I stopped the update. It was not a good update as car just barely ran.

Anyway, I have everything set up for KPA and am using same settings from VE table to configure BEN Map. BEN Map was showing nor more than a 1.20 correction factor.

Also, having issues with verification in RR. Keep getting the following message: calibration contains one or more incorrect segment checksum.

Craig suggested doing hard reset but not sure if I am doing it right. Not even sure what I accomplish by doing this.
    2015 Z06 A8

Which wideband are you running? Are you sure it is working properly?

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Doc: Running SM-AFR and it was working fine yesterday. The VE table is showing big correction right now because I had to load an older tune. For whatever reason, I may having trouble after saving tunes loaded into RR. Once loaded, the car will not run.

I may need to check VAT though. I just thought of that! Still don't understand why car will start with some files that have the VAT enabled and not with others that have been loaded and then saved from RR!
    Last edited by Chalky; August 7th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.
    2015 Z06 A8

Part of issue is resolved. While I cannot give specifics because I don't understand them, but anyway, I had to do a reset, courtesy of Craig and so far so good.

As a courtesy and assuming Craig and Paul have no issues, I am going to share what information was given to me.

From Craig regarding resetting RR:

For the reset, try the following:

-Turn key off
    -Make sure Roadrunner is in ‘Emulation’ mode
    -Open Roadrunner control, and set Roadrunner to ‘flash’ mode.
    -Turn key on, wait 20 seconds.
    -Turn key off, wait 20 seconds.
    -Set roadrunner to ‘emulation’ mode.
    -Turn key on, and try it out.

Another variation is:

-Turn key off
    -Make sure Roadrunner is in ‘Emulation’ mode.

Once you get a good tune / OS in there, it should stay good and no further resets should be needed.

From Paul regarding why I had issues with checksum errors:

While changing data in the RR unit, the checksum bytes in the RR unit are not updated in real-time and are therefor "wrong". The RR checksum routines are disabled to prevent the incorrect checksums from causing a problem during real time changes.
    If you then save the *.tun file to disk, EFILive is "smart enough" to update the checksums in the *.tun file so that if/when that *.tun file is programmed into a non-RR PCM the checksums will be OK.
    That has the side effect of causing the RR memory validation to fail at that point. Basically because the RR checksums have not been updated and the *.tun file's checksums have been updated (because the file was saved to disk) the RR memory verify option will report that the RR memory differs from the PC *.tun file. To "fix" that you should perform a full RR reflash after saving the *.tun file to disk.
    Last edited by Chalky; August 8th, 2007 at 09:04 AM.
    2015 Z06 A8

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky
    Part of issue is resolved. While I cannot give specifics because I don't understand them, but anyway, I had to do a reset, courtesy of Craig and so far so good.

As a courtesy and assuming Craig and Paul have no issues, I am going to share what information was given to me.

From Craig regarding resetting RR:

For the reset, try the following:

-Turn key off
    -Make sure Roadrunner is in ‘Emulation’ mode

Another variation is:

-Turn key off
    -Make sure Roadrunner is in ‘Emulation’ mode.

Once you get a good tune / OS in there, it should stay good and no further resets should be needed.

From Paul regarding why I had issues with checksum errors:

While changing data in the RR unit, the checksum bytes in the RR unit are not updated in real-time and are therefor "wrong". The RR checksum routines are disabled to prevent the incorrect checksums from causing a problem during real time changes.
    If you then save the *.tun file to disk, EFILive is "smart enough" to update the checksums in the *.tun file so that if/when that *.tun file is programmed into a non-RR PCM the checksums will be OK.
    That has the side effect of causing the RR memory validation to fail at that point. Basically because the RR checksums have not been updated and the *.tun file's checksums have been updated (because the file was saved to disk) the RR memory verify option will report that the RR memory differs from the PC *.tun file. To "fix" that you should perform a full RR reflash after saving the *.tun file to disk.
    This is good information for anyone! Thanks for posting.

Yes, thanks for the info.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com