Thread: Save tune from PCM. Have FlashScan and a RR PCM about to go in

Default Save tune from PCM. Have FlashScan and a RR PCM about to go in

How do I save my current PCM tune to the PC? Probably a stupidly easy question but I'm somehow not getting it. I don't have the FlashTune since I have the RR.

If you haven't already, download the EFILive software and install it, plug in your Flashscan cable, then open the Tune software and click "Flash" and select "Read PCM Calibrations" from the drop-down Menu. Select your PCM (Gen III LS1 99-07, I assume) and click start.

WestSide you need to have the V1 or V2 cable to read your PCM. Do you have one? Is the current PCM stock or a modified unit?
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChipsByAl
    WestSide you need to have the V1 or V2 cable to read your PCM. Do you have one? Is the current PCM stock or a modified unit?
    Al
    It's a 98 Z28, so 98 PCM, unmodified. My RR pcm is in a box awaiting my tune. I have the V1 cable attached and I can connect to the car when it's running. I installed software from online (7.4) but the efilive software doesn't want to see to register? I've entered all of the information like VIN, serial number etc but my FlashTune program says it's still "demo"

We logged a few things but when we try to play the log the efilive "dashboard" goes nuts between each frame...sometimes saying 13000 rpm...

Do I have to install software from the original CD? (misplaced somewhere)

I tried opening the FlashTune software after connecting to the Scan to try and read the PCM calibration...it won't let me click that option.

Did you connect the cable beforeor after starting FlashScan Tune? I believe you need to connect it before starting the app or it won't recognize it.

Do you have the blue card? Try entering the info from it into the 'Help' -> 'Register' window.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    Did you connect the cable beforeor after starting FlashScan Tune? I believe you need to connect it before starting the app or it won't recognize it.

Do you have the blue card? Try entering the info from it into the 'Help' -> 'Register' window.
    The USB cable has been connected to the computer before opening the Scan software up which we can connect to and see readings and such.

I have entered in the blue card numbers and info to the register button and it seems to have saved it correctly...

'98 Sebring Silver Z28 6spd Hardtop
    T76GTQ single turbo spooling around town
    EFILive FlashScan with 99+ Roadrunner PCM
    '03 GSXR600 Alstare with an '02 GSXR1000 motor

Try and do like he said and have the cable connected, then open the tune program. Once it is open you should not see the demo message.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

If you have a Scan Only V1 (or V2) cable (with an RR license), you need to contact EFILive to make sure you have been issued with a "Scan and Tune" license. Once you enter the details for your Scan and Tune license (which includes your RR serial number) you'll be good to go.

Send me (paul@efilive.com) the following info: Your V1 serial number and your RR serial number.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.