Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E38/E67 ECM Speed Density Virtual VE table

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Do you mean what is the relationship between the 0-3000 virtual VE values in the E38 tables shown above and the "real" VE values we're all used to seeing in the LS1 and E40 controllers?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    nice! how do you know what GMVE values should be there tho?
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Do you mean what is the relationship between the 0-3000 virtual VE values in the E38 tables shown above and the "real" VE values we're all used to seeing in the LS1 and E40 controllers?

Regards
    Paul
    no, i know that, i meant how do you know what do you want your target GMVE to be? are you still intending to work with BEN's and adjust GMVE based on changes in AFR?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

no, i know that, i meant how do you know what do you want your target GMVE to be? are you still intending to work with BEN's and adjust GMVE based on changes in AFR?
    I guess that's up to the individual tuner. The current setup will work with our existing AutoVE Tuning process - using a wide band and BEN factors.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Here's another great example of how easy this is to use.
    If any of the Holden tuners are looking at this they will be well aware of the dangerous lean dive these cars take once you put a 2bar Map sensor on and hit boost. Once you look at the stock VE map you can see why...
    Just as the engine is coming on to boost the VE values take a plunge somewhere between 1000 and 3400 RPM.

You might be thinking what was GM on??, nothing, it's fine, this is not a boosted engine, so above 105kPa (well less actually) the map is fine.
    So, now with our Virtual VE, just grab the problem area, blend, smooth, click the Recalculate VE coefficients button and 10 seconds later your VE is no longer in engine melt down zone. Of course this VE would need more tuning beyond the stock settings, but try that 'simple' change with Excel (or any other E38/E67 tuning software ).

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Default Variable Cam?

I'll respond here to save some Emails (because the question has already been asked).
    The first release will not have the ability to factor in cam phasing (if the engine has it fitted). It will always assume 0deg cam phasing, majority of the GenIV engines do not run this yet, it seems the L92 in the Escalade etc is the only one. However, work is already well underway with regards to this portion of it, however, cam phasing does add many levels of "what if's" and implementing it properly will be tricky.
    However, just out of interest, here is what the VE table looks like on an Escalade with 0deg cam phasing and with 15 degrees cam phasing factored in.

At 0 Degrees:

At 15 Degrees:

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

This is FREAKING AWSOME guys, unbeleivable, for the guys that havnt yet done the speed density (e38) it was extremely painfull, this virtual ve is the best thing since sliced bread!.

huge congrats to all involved

EFI LIVE ROCKS!!!

Lifetime Member

Would someone, anyone, email me a couple of stock E38 and E67 files - so I can get acquainted. Thanks!!

email- dkoch3@cinci.rr.com

Cheers,
    joel

Lifetime Member

or maybe just post them to the repository so we can all get them?

Lifetime Member

or maybe just post them to the repository so we can all get them?
    They are there..."New".

Ross,

Is it safe to state that each of 30 zones can now be specifically tagged to certain load/rpm area. For example; zone 2-4 are idle and 27-30 at WOT between 4000-5000 rpm??

Can you better breakdown what happens within each zone and how the zones interact?

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast