Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I doing this right?...........

Default Am I doing this right?...........

Hi Guys,

I set up the Auto Tune for my car and was (still am because it's my first actual tune) VERY Nervous, but the only way to learn is to read, understand, and then get my feet wet.

I collected the data like the tutorial said and got my BEN numbers and did the copy/paste with labels like Chad's tutorial said and this is what I got.

Does this look like I'm on the right track?

I've also posted my Original if you'd like to compare them. I Truly Appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!

Original Tune.............

After first round of BEN adjustments............
    Last edited by FreddyG; June 22nd, 2007 at 04:23 AM.

I cant get any of your tunes to run. Any one else?

What can I do to fix this? It's happened before too and I just reuploaded them and they worked. Could you download them or was it that they wouldn't open in EfiLive?

Thanks for looking!

I think that I fixed the problem. I think that uploading to Comcast corrupted the file. Please try again.

Just in case, I thought that it might be easier to just post up the VE table and the 3D view.

Thanks again!

Before:

After:

Last edited by FreddyG; June 22nd, 2007 at 04:25 AM.

Lifetime Member

Those numbers seem unreasonably high. Is your wideband setup and calibrated properly? Injector flow rate table accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    Those numbers seem unreasonably high. Is your wideband setup and calibrated properly? Injector flow rate table accurate?
    Yes, my WB02 seems to be setup correctly. I have a PLX SM-AFR and they say it doesn't need to be calibrated, but it does match what EfiLive says, so I think that it's alright. I've got my IFR setup according to my fuel pressure gauge, which says that I have 68 lbs. at the rail, along with 60 lb. MotoTrons which are rated at 43.5 lbs. by the manufacturer. Does that seem right?

It never hurts to get a second (or third) pair of eyes to look things over, especially with my eyes!

I took the BEN data and copy w/labels, and then opened up my tuning file and then paste/multiply w/labels. Was that right?

Does it make a difference that my car is running 10 lbs. of boost? Would that make things go higher? I'm new to this and trying to learn as much as possible, so that I can do this without being so needy (and bothersome) of you Guys.

Thanks again!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyG
    Yes, my WB02 seems to be setup correctly. I have a PLX SM-AFR and they say it doesn't need to be calibrated, but it does match what EfiLive says, so I think that it's alright. I've got my IFR setup according to my fuel pressure gauge, which says that I have 68 lbs. at the rail, along with 60 lb. MotoTrons which are rated at 43.5 lbs. by the manufacturer. Does that seem right?

It never hurts to get a second (or third) pair of eyes to look things over, especially with my eyes!

I took the BEN data and copy w/labels, and then opened up my tuning file and then paste/multiply w/labels. Was that right?

Does it make a difference that my car is running 10 lbs. of boost? Would that make things go higher? I'm new to this and trying to learn as much as possible, so that I can do this without being so needy (and bothersome) of you Guys.

Thanks again!
    I think I see the problem then.

So at 10lbs of boost, you hit 68psi of fuel pressure, right? And you have a vac/boost referenced fuel pressure regulator?

That means your differential pressure is 58psi (GM rail pressure). With the mototron 60s (63.2# at 43.5psi), your IFR table should be 72.3# across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    I think I see the problem then.

So at 10lbs of boost, you hit 68psi of fuel pressure, right? And you have a vac/boost referenced fuel pressure regulator?

That means your differential pressure is 58psi (GM rail pressure). With the mototron 60s (63.2# at 43.5psi), your IFR table should be 72.3# across the board.
    My fuel pressure at idle is 68 lbs, and at 10 lbs. it drops to around 58-60. My fuel system consists of the 60 lbs. MotoTrons and a KB Boosta Pump along with the RaceTronix fuel pump/wiring harness. My BAP is turned all the way down because my fuel pressure is high enough as it is. I have Alky injection on the car too, but thought that I'd tune it with it turned off at first.

As far as boost referencing goes, I wish I had that, but I don't.

Why would my IFR be the same across the board? I'm not questioning what you said, just trying to learn.

Thanks for your help!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyG
    My fuel pressure at idle is 68 lbs, and at 10 lbs. it drops to around 58-60. My fuel system consists of the 60 lbs. MotoTrons and a KB Boosta Pump along with the RaceTronix fuel pump/wiring harness. My BAP is turned all the way down because my fuel pressure is high enough as it is. I have Alky injection on the car too, but thought that I'd tune it with it turned off at first.

As far as boost referencing goes, I wish I had that, but I don't.

Why would my IFR be the same across the board? I'm not questioning what you said, just trying to learn.

Thanks for your help!
    Ah, okay, you have a return fuel system then, so your IFR will not be straight across the board. I was hoping you had a 99-03 truck that you were tuning, as they have a vac/boost referenced FPR from the factory.

What is your fuel pressure at atmosphere? What is your manifold pressure at idle? Can you post up your IFR table values? Preferably in Lbs/hr

Thanks for looking Justin!

Here's the IFR table/graph:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast