Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 04 truck Efan problem using pins 33 and 42

Lifetime Member

Default 04 truck Efan problem using pins 33 and 42

Well I finished my efan install today, however the computer is not turning them off and on correctly. I can use the Bi-directional controls to turn them off and on, both High and low speeds but using the modified 05 PCM setting/parameters does not seem to work. The fans just stay on High all the time.... Any advice would be great. Attached is a copy of my tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

I figured out the problem. I had the display settings on EFI live setup as kPa instead of PSI, and I was inputing PSI values, so the reason they were always on is because my AC enable setting were set to something like 30 psi. So I changed the display units in EFI Live to PSI and kept my same settings and everything works perfectly. The fans don't come on until they are supposed to!!!! So now the AC pressure is in control and the temp is also in control. Oh and my AC is really cold and it is ~97* outside right now.

Here are my settings.

Ok, I have a couple questions regarding this. I am finishing up a 5.3 conversion in a Jeep wrangler. At the last minute we decided to run an electric fan. I programmed the junk yard PCM with the operating system from my wifes 02 Suburban and would like to use the PCM for fan control. I have been looking tonight for the proper pins, but my brain is fried. Does anyone want to share with me wich pins I need ? . I have to finish this thing tomorrow so I can go on a desperatly needed vacation. Thanks. Brett .

Quote Originally Posted by kbbrett
    I have been looking tonight for the proper pins, but my brain is fried. Does anyone want to share with me wich pins I need ? .

Not sure but BlackGMC posted the problem using pins 33 and 42 in the subject line. I'd suspect these are the two your looking for if running the same pcm.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGMC
    I figured out the problem. I had the display settings on EFI live setup as kPa instead of PSI, and I was inputing PSI values, so the reason they were always on is because my AC enable setting were set to something like 30 psi. So I changed the display units in EFI Live to PSI and kept my same settings and everything works perfectly. The fans don't come on until they are supposed to!!!! So now the AC pressure is in control and the temp is also in control. Oh and my AC is really cold and it is ~97* outside right now.

Here are my settings.
    Yeah , cool deal isn't it ? A/C does seem to cool down quicker .
    I did the 05 fans on mine as well , love them , used factory harness off 1/2 ton pickup .
    Yeah , pin 42 and 33 are the right ones , one is on the blue the other the green connector .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

I used pin 33 and 42, but if your referring to pins and the actually Hardware you plug into the harness itself, I got those from a member on PerformanceTrucks.net

No, I just need to know which pins. I am using a 12200411 PCM, not sure if it uses the same pins or not. I will find out shortly.

Lifetime Member

I am pretty sure on a 02 the pin 42 is good, but not he pin 33 on a 02 PCM. I will try and find a pin out diagram so you know which one to use instead of pin 33.

Actually, if pin 33 is good, that should be all I need. Thanks.

2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast