Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ross forgotten us Diesel guys?

Default Has Ross forgotten us Diesel guys?

Hi All,

Ok, so we've been a little absent from Diesel development for the last 4 or 5 months I guess. But, not because I was holidaying in the sun, no, no, been stuck in front of the keyboard as per usual, only, catching up on the gasser ECM development. Ok so most of you Diesel guys don't care about that, but, it's been fun (for me) and we've been able to come out with some revolutionary enhancements for the 2006+ gasser tuners that are using the E38 & E67 ECM's.

So, back to what is happening with the Diesels.
    First up is to revisit the calibrations for all the Duramax's. The LB7 & LLY's already have a bunch of items to play around with but there is a couple of things that we do need to add in based on customer requests. So, at some point a new calibration set will be released for the LB7 & LLY.
    We also have a new custom OS just for the LLY's that I actually started to work on last year the same time as DSP5 but it kind of got pushed aside (even though I really enjoy coding custom OS's). We will be looking for a few testers for that in about a month or maybe less so keep your eyes open, I have to do some preliminary testing here first.

Then on to the LBZ / LMM Bosch ECM (the lovely thing it is )
    We had planned on doing a major update to the LBZ & LMM cals once the gasser development was toning down (which it will in a couple of weeks time I'd say). I just can't work on gas and Diesel at the same time, it's too confusing switching your brain from Bosch Diesel ECM's to Delphi gas ECM's and back. I always tell my wife, I can't do two things at once, you know how could I possibly watch TV and do the dishes?
    It doesn't seem like it to me but we released the LBZ tuning 7 or 8 months ago so it is well overdue for an update regardless. Plus of course GM just released a new LMM OS for the 2008 models, so, I was going to be revisiting the LMM cals shortly anyway.
    So fingers crossed we can get some updates out before the racing season is over....

I know Paul is working almost 24/7 on V2 firmware too so he tells me the standalone features can't be too much further away.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

LBZ...

How about control of the intake heater. I don't want to kill it (nice in the winter), only change the temp when they turn on & off.
    2019 Sierra 6.2l
    2017 2500HD L5P
    2010 2500HD LMM (sold)
    2005 Harley Ultra Classic

Don't worry, I have a big list of customer requests to add in! That will be one of them.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

If you see the fuel gauge cal it would be nice as well

Talking

Ooh!! Ooh!! while we are begging for add-ons! LB7 cruse control loop parameters and the rest of the PTO parameters and in the custom OS area a DSP VPW output that’s based on fuel rate and MAP for a really cool home brewed proportional nitrous oxide setup! And while your at it Father Christmas I want a pony and a new red bicycle! Cause I’ve been a really good boy this year I promise I have!
    2001 K2500HD Duramax/Allison

Lifetime Member

That's really good news, Ross. Do you think you will be able to figure out the LBZ RPM issues while you're in there? When you're working on the LBZ can you figure out why tables B1115 and B1116 don't seem to do anything for me?

Ross, if not on the list, I'd sure like to see tap resetting for the 6 speed allison. Might as well as ask for full tcm flashing also, oh yeah, how about a dsp for LBZ, and.....

Thanks, these LBZ's rip thanks to you guys. Worse case is that'd I'd be happy with what is already available. Any thing else is gravy.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

Just to add my two cents, I feel like deciphering the boost/vvt table algorithim needs to be close to the top of the list so we can understand what the feedback control flow looks like.

thanks

tim

What kind of new goodies will be in the LLY custom OS?

Oh no no no... Torque reduction tables and rpm on the LBZ

You Lilly guys already got enough for now.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast