Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ross forgotten us Diesel guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct
    Just to add my two cents, I feel like deciphering the boost/vvt table algorithim needs to be close to the top of the list so we can understand what the feedback control flow looks like.

thanks

tim
    Yeah, I was referring to the LBZ as well.

Lifetime Member

LB7 wise, I really want the DSP side of the tuning to have a max injected fuel quanity vs speed. So power and fuel mileage could go together better. I hate the low fuel slow speed but at cruise it would be nice to lean it out.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaximizer
    LB7 wise, I really want the DSP side of the tuning to have a max injected fuel quanity vs speed. So power and fuel mileage could go together better. I hate the low fuel slow speed but at cruise it would be nice to lean it out.
    That won't do anything, you need to change the main injection pulse table, that is what directs the ecm to fuel "X" amount of fuel for a given TPS%.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

So, you are saying the max injected fuel quantity vs speed actually does nothing for the tune as per the steve cole vs efi live thread? That seems to be the logical thing for a high hp tune on the bottom but better economy even with the 0 fuel at 0 throttle untill idle.

BTW the abilty to get over 120 mm per fuel would be nice....right now, the only way to get more fuel than 120 is to defuel .....at which case I can get whatever I command. So my defuel actually adds fuel so to speak. Go figure.

So, you are saying the max injected fuel quantity vs speed actually does nothing for the tune as per the steve cole vs efi live thread? That seems to be the logical thing for a high hp tune on the bottom but better economy even with the 0 fuel at 0 throttle untill idle.

BTW the abilty to get over 120 mm per fuel would be nice....right now, the only way to get more fuel than 120 is to defuel .....at which case I can get whatever I command. So my defuel actually adds fuel so to speak. Go figure.

Ummmmmmmm...you got problems!!!
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

So, you are saying the max injected fuel quantity vs speed actually does nothing for the tune as per the steve cole vs efi live thread?
    As a test, set every value in your max injected fuel quantity vs speed table to 20mm3. Take her for a drive and let me know your opinion of Steve's theory.
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Whoa way off topic guys.

Any idea of the ETA of the diesel updates?

Getting ansey here!! I need DSP!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Quote Originally Posted by LBZ
    Whoa way off topic guys.

Any idea of the ETA of the diesel updates?

Getting ansey here!! I need DSP!!
    I don't really understand why so many people want DSP. Not trying to start a flame thread, I really don't understand.

With the power of Live, shouldn't we be able to tune it for a variety of power levels based on the degree of throttle opening ? Economy at low throttle opening's, max power at WOT ?

Thanks

Tim

I don't really understand why so many people want DSP. Not trying to start a flame thread, I really don't understand.

With the power of Live, shouldn't we be able to tune it for a variety of power levels based on the degree of throttle opening ? Economy at low throttle opening's, max power at WOT ?

Thanks

Tim
    How heavy do you tow? Try taking off from a red light with 16000# with a high horse tune and equalizer bars set right and beat the light! You wind up pressing too hard on the accelerator and just lighting the tires up . Also when wifey drives,no offense Kat we all don't have "High Horse Power Queen Drivers", its time to detune I could go on... it would just be so nice to have.

Also I havn't figured out how to "step" the power level from mild to wild without "flaring".
    Last edited by floriduramax1; October 5th, 2007 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks

Tim
    Well like floriduramax1 said, sometimes other people are in our trucks that really shouldn't have that power.

You can tune for your TPS, but sometimes it's touchy and tough to judge-especially when towing!! EGT's may go through the roof when you tow but be fine when your not!!

I had DSP2 in my 05 and loved it.
    If anyone hasn't got it yet, they need to it's worth it IMO!!
    I'm also not up for flashing everytime I need to switch from tow to race!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast