Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ross forgotten us Diesel guys?

The DSP is nice because generally a race tune/play tune is going to fuel differently than a tow program or a daily driver program. So because I cant resist power, my daily driver program is my race program and my rear tires are really not taking it to well

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trippin
    As a test, set every value in your max injected fuel quantity vs speed table to 20mm3. Take her for a drive and let me know your opinion of Steve's theory.

Okay............. now what.

The LBZ/LMM offers some real technical difficulties on trying to implement any form of switching tune, and it is mainly to do with how the tables are accessed from the code as the ECM is getting table locations. It's done very differently to the LB7/LLY and is the root cause of the problem.
    I am never going to rule out that it can't be done, but based on the Emails we get I am under the impression I must have said that we were actively working on it?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    The LBZ/LMM offers some real technical difficulties on trying to implement any form of switching tune, and it is mainly to do with how the tables are accessed from the code as the ECM is getting table locations. It's done very differently to the LB7/LLY and is the root cause of the problem.
    I am never going to rule out that it can't be done, but based on the Emails we get I am under the impression I must have said that we were actively working on it?

Cheers,
    Ross
    No offense, but, Bully dog has been changing on the fly since the begining. They are using some sort of digital marker. I know you guys are smarter than they are and I am certain you will get it. It will make our everyday life so much nicer. I said it once and I will say it again, I will be the first to donate and start a group to donate$$$ to get some motivation for our DSP.

Lifetime Member

Personally, I would rather have more RPM, control over defuel and more transmission controlls than DSP.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

Cheers,
    Ross
    I don't believe you did say you were going to Ross.

We are just making a wish list and sending several letters to Santa in hope's he may get the elves to make a few extra toys for us LBZ and LMM folks!!
    '07 LBZ Classic, BW S464 Turbo, EGR deleted, 3" IC piping, Trans-go, ATS 5-star converter, stock clutches

As much as I would love a switchable tune for my LBZ. Being able to fuel past 3600 and the ability to reset tranny taps and lock a gear are much higher on the list.

Thanks for all the work you have done so far and continue to do.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob
    Ross, if not on the list, I'd sure like to see tap resetting for the 6 speed allison. Might as well as ask for full tcm flashing also, oh yeah, how about a dsp for LBZ, and.....

Thanks, these LBZ's rip thanks to you guys. Worse case is that'd I'd be happy with what is already available. Any thing else is gravy.
    +1
    Agreed
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by floriduramax1
    No offense, but, Bully dog has been changing on the fly since the begining. They are using some sort of digital marker. I know you guys are smarter than they are and I am certain you will get it. It will make our everyday life so much nicer.
    I was not aware they did that. I saw the Triple Dog product on the web site after reading this, switching tunes for FORD, Dodge and GM....well, hats off to those guys, from a technical standpoint that is commendable.
    What I am not sure about is if they are actually switching to new tables in the ECM or just using bi-di commands to alter things.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The Bully Dog Outlook Monitor is plugging into the engine bale connector. Me thinks this would indicate that it is working more like an Edge box than a true "table switching" program.

www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast