Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Has Ross forgotten us Diesel guys?

oh! well then yes I misunderstood. I really had my hopes up for a new update. I actually sold my ppe programmer thinking I was going to have standalone today. I guess I was mistaken again. hmmm......

don't feel bad, i was under the same impression I'd wake up this morning with a update ready to download... I'm with ya man, I was really looking forward to checking out whatever these 'mystery' tables for the LBZ there are.

Talking Thanks KBRacing!

Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96
    I think you guys miss understood, Ross said he would have HIS update done before HE left for SEMA. He said he would be giving it to Paul who isn't leaving for a few days, to wrap up with the rest of the update and posted in the next couple of days, before HE goes to SEMA.
    Well heck, I was way mistaken.

Thanks alot KB for replying and setting me straight, i get all these names mixed up still... LOL
    At least now there's still a good chance of us getting a update again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by floriduramax1
    How heavy do you tow? Try taking off from a red light with 16000# with a high horse tune and equalizer bars set right and beat the light! You wind up pressing too hard on the accelerator and just lighting the tires up . Also when wifey drives,no offense Kat we all don't have "High Horse Power Queen Drivers", its time to detune I could go on... it would just be so nice to have.

Also I havn't figured out how to "step" the power level from mild to wild without "flaring".
    Thanks for the explanation, I understand now.

Now, back to the subject at hand. Has anyone figured out the algorithim for the boost/VVT tables on the LBZ ? IMHO that needs to be among the top prioriites on the list.

So am I correct in assuming there will be no updates whatsoever until after sema?

I believe so. Mid November more than likely. I'd love to have to have the black box logging but I'd much rather peak at these 'secret' tables a few have

Quote Originally Posted by Extinct
    Now, back to the subject at hand. Has anyone figured out the algorithim for the boost/VVT tables on the LBZ ? IMHO that needs to be among the top prioriites on the list.

So what would be gained by knowing the algorithm?

Lifetime Member

Yeah, I don't understand what the problem is. Are you having trouble getting the boost you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra#3747
    So what would be gained by knowing the algorithm?
    I've not actually started changing anything with respect to boost, really I have just been researching the subject by looking at the tables and paying attention to others post and discussion. However, from what I have been able to discern thus far, I don't understand how the boost tables and the VVT position tables interact.

The question at hand is how did the programmer program the closed loop feedback control on reaching target boost in the table. We know the vvt position has a major impact on boost level, so it would seem to make sense if they had only put in a boost table (independent variable) and had the feedback control adjust the VVT position (dependent variable) to reach the boost target. As it is we seem to have too many controls. We could set a boost target and a VVT target and have them pulling against each other, we just don't know how they interact mathematically.

Years ago someone finally figured out the VE table algorithim for LS1 cars

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149741

This led to a better understanding of how to tune the engines.

I actually suspect the VVT table is used as some kind of minimum setpoint table, with the boost table used to trim it from there, but I don't think we quite know (although I have been out of the loop for about 6 months, so maybe someone has figured it out and posted it).

Do you guys have any clues ? I don't

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast