Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rtacs and boostve

Default rtacs and boostve

Ok i did some rtacs tuning on my mainve table....cool and easy enuff. How do i do the same on my boosted ve table? i dont see a map for it...how do i make one. i see somethingin one of the cal files about boosted ve and looks like i just need to add the "rrr." stuff but not sure if so and then what.

am I alone?

To the best of my knowledge, you don't need to create a scan tool map in order to utilize RTACS. All you would need to do is edit the cal_link.txt file to add the rrr. data to the boost VE table.

aha...i think thats what i was seeing......ill try and copy/paste the rrr stuff from the mainve section in the cal_linktxt. Thanks!!!!! Ill report back tomorrow

before i go run, now i will be looking at what map in the scanner? the standard autove map and when it gets over 105kpa it will start updating the boostve table? or do i need to add the 110-285kpa info into the standard BEN map that i originally set up for autove?

You don't have to monitor any particular map in the scanner. I usually monitor my charts during RTACS. BUT, you will need to have the boost VE table open and on top in the tune tool for the updates to apply.

oooohhhhhhh...that is just too frikkin pimp!!!!! Thanks for the quick response. I see a tank of gas being GONE tomorrow

I think you should do some initial runs just using the BEN factor cut/paste method initially, whilst RTACS will pull the AFR's in, if you are way off you don't want to be sitting there at 17.0:1 at full load waiting for the PC to correct it. Not saying it will take forever, but, at least get yourself in the ball park first then use RTACS.

Cheers,
    Ross

P.S - TAQuickness, do you know where that quote from 'Carl' comes from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PUQdCk-d8w
    As for the lyrics....
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX, while I would normally agree with what you just said, my boostve table is setup extremely too rich. Learned a long time ago, start waaaay rich and too low on timing and ease up.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

P.S - TAQuickness, do you know where that quote from 'Carl' comes from? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PUQdCk-d8w
    As for the lyrics....
    I do. That's what I get for mucking around with my signature at the end of a 23 hour day.

Thanks for the video link. It's been close to 10 years since I've seen it. Just need to figure a way to save it now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast