Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going from 28.8 injectors to SVO 30# injectors

Default Going from 28.8 injectors to SVO 30# injectors

I read a friends 2004 GTO file with a STS turbo and the SVO 30# injectors and wanted to know if I copy and paste all the injector tables will this be ok? I have a cam and nitrous already but putting on AFR heads Fast 90 intake and 90 TB along with the injectors and Fast fuel rails. I want it to run decent enough to get me to the dyno. I can post my present tune with the copy and paste files of the injector changes from the 2004 GTO tune if somone could look at it for me. Thanks for your help.

Lou

i can send you an injector table file that was made in excel...you will have to know your fuel pressure or you can use your existing *the standard fuel pressure of 43.5 and just change your injector size

basically take a look at your table now..and see what the numbers are..then get this excel sheet to match those numbers by changing your fuel pressure (estimate or actual) and you can change your injectors by some.

For example I have a 2001 trans am ws6 with the stock injectors and I'm going to be changing to 32lb injectors to reduce my duty cycle and have the injectors be more relaxed and not risk them going static, freezing up.

What i did was take a look at my injector table in my car now.....I then got the excel sheet to match the numbers..and since i know my fuel pressure is more than 43.5psi then i left my injectors at 28.8 and changed the fuel pressure up to 48 to get my numbers to match.

if you want to know more i can email you the excel file and we can talk thru email. My email is sm1218@aol.com

Aren't you going to want to run higher injectors than that??? You typically don't want your injectors going above 80% dutcy cycle
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
    i can send you an injector table file that was made in excel...you will have to know your fuel pressure or you can use your existing *the standard fuel pressure of 43.5 and just change your injector size

basically take a look at your table now..and see what the numbers are..then get this excel sheet to match those numbers by changing your fuel pressure (estimate or actual) and you can change your injectors by some.

For example I have a 2001 trans am ws6 with the stock injectors and I'm going to be changing to 32lb injectors to reduce my duty cycle and have the injectors be more relaxed and not risk them going static, freezing up.

What i did was take a look at my injector table in my car now.....I then got the excel sheet to match the numbers..and since i know my fuel pressure is more than 43.5psi then i left my injectors at 28.8 and changed the fuel pressure up to 48 to get my numbers to match.

if you want to know more i can email you the excel file and we can talk thru email. My email is sm1218@aol.com

Aren't you going to want to run higher injectors than that??? You typically don't want your injectors going above 80% dutcy cycle

Thanks for all the great info. I had posted on a message board and got the Excel spreadsheet you are talking about. This should help me out alot I will just have to play with it like you did. Thanks again for responding to my post.

My experience is that the SVO30s are not big enough with a FAST90 setup. The FAST changes everything! If you get your AFR right check your duty cycle. Mine ran 84% @ 5600 rpms so I went to SV0 36s which were close to maxed.
    In the end for my stock displacement NA motor I went back to LS6 intake. I am much happier. SVO30s are great again now.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

hell thats why i'm upgrading to 32lb injectors...my stock 28.8 injectors were running at 83% duty cycle on just the hypertech setup. We leaned out the car and they went down to 71%!!! LOL. I'm running a 13.3 AFR now......let's just leave it that my car was running rich
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton
    My experience is that the SVO30s are not big enough with a FAST90 setup. The FAST changes everything! If you get your AFR right check your duty cycle. Mine ran 84% @ 5600 rpms so I went to SV0 36s which were close to maxed.
    In the end for my stock displacement NA motor I went back to LS6 intake. I am much happier. SVO30s are great again now.
    That is not something I wanted to hear. :(

Quote Originally Posted by 02 pewter Ls1
    Not something you want to experience either and yet my experience may not be typical. I saw no dyno gain with tuned FAST/LS2 setup compared to before and after LS6/Shaner tuned dyno results. I now run max 74% duty cycle with SVO30s.
    My car is fairly agressive head, cam and headers Vette.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

i switched to the FAST intake and NW's TB and i gained 18HP and 21TQ without tuning or anything. I then changed my PE based on RPM to command it to lean me out some and turned off the cat converter protection (that was causing me to go rich at WOT), and smoothed out the spark tables from the hypertech tuning my car had. I have now modified my IAC steps for my 90mm TB.

I have no heads no cam. simply what is in my profile...I am close to sea level so that might help out some with gains...denser air than some others up in the mountain..idk
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Quote Originally Posted by 02 pewter Ls1
    Not something you want to experience either and yet my experience may not be typical. I saw no dyno gain with tuned FAST/LS2 setup compared to before and after LS6/Shaner tuned dyno results. I now run max 74% duty cycle with SVO30s.
    My car is fairly agressive head, cam and headers Vette.

I have been playing with the injector flow tables and I am about 87% duty cycle now. I was up at 102% before I scaled them. I have AFR 205's 224-228 581-588-114 XER cam, Fast 90, NW 90TB, and every bolt on along with some juice NX kit The duty cycle seems to be inline for what my mods are? My stock 28.8's were pegging 100% on motor before the heads and intake. The car feels to have much better throttle response with the intake. Even if I don't make anymore power which would be hard to believe I will leave it on for the looks and saftey of the burst panels.

ZL1Killa

What is your car a auto or manual? What were your IAC counts before and what are they now? Could you email your file so I can look it over if you don't mind.

im going to need your email..i can send you my scan files and my tune if you want... i think my IAC counts were high in the 80's after the TB and i adjusted it and i think it dropped to around the 60's....if you go on LS1tech..Phil99vette i think it is has calculated what you must change and how much to change it...check it out "all 90mm TB users inside under pcm and diagnostics
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast