Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple question before I get started

So should I increase the VE table then or decrease. If the tables predicts the amount of air entering the cylinder will; it then decrease the fuel if you lower the expectation of air?
    The injectors have been in there for a while.
    I do have one thought as to how it got to rich. I had been removing the EGR and air systems. I think maybe I left the intake line open so it was drawing unmetered air. Few weeks ago I went to my tuner and he plugged the line saying that I didnt want un-metered air it would cause a lean situation.

But the last time he tuned it I might have had the line open so it was um-metered at that tune. Its the vacuum line on the intake. FI that was the case and now the line is plugged would that effect the afr?

If it's unmeterd then the pcm deosnt know it's getting it in the first plase so should it really effect things?

SO if your tuning by AFR and you get unmetered air into the intake your going to increase the fuel until the AFR is correct.. right? SO now that its not getting the un-meterd air will it run rich? I also swapped my ls1 MAF for a Z06 MAF. How does that figure into the equation?

here is my current tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 99ss; September 8th, 2007 at 04:34 AM.

When I compare my IFR table with a table from another tune that has svo30#'s it looks like I'm giving it less fuel. Mine is set at 4.1094 acorss the boards and the other tune is at 4.5547 and scales up. ?

I also have like 60 lbs on the rail.

Also when I compare my MAF table to an 02 zo6 I see a big difference. Should I use the z06 table as I have a z06 MAF?

If the value is higher at any given hz it wants o add more fuel... right?
    Last edited by 99ss; September 8th, 2007 at 05:27 AM.

The tune file in post #11: click on the Out Of Range tab, and for each item listed go and enter an in-range value, save the file, exit the tunetool.

You have a Camaro... do you have the stock "returnless" fuel system...?
    If you do, use this spreadsheet to calculate your IFR B4001 table
    (input rail pressure, injector's rated flowrate and rated pressure):
    http://www.marcintology.com/tuning/injectors.xls

Increasing VE: increases "calculated" airmass which increases fuelmass to maintain a given commanded AFR, so since actual airmass is unchanged, actual AFR will be richer.

Increasing MAF: increases "measured" airmass which increases fuelmass... same thing... actual AFR will be richer.

Increasing IFR: increases "looked up" flowrate so PCM keeps injector open for less time to maintain a given fuelmass for a given AFR, so actual fuelmass will now be less, so actual AFR will be leaner.

Yes, do make sure you have no airleaks [anywhere (intake and exhaust)... there are many sources of airleak].

The thing to do is, using a wideband O2 sensor, do these steps:
    - first, before proceeding, measure rail pressure and calculate IFR;
    - follow Auto VE tutorial (disable MAF, disable closed loop and trims, disable COTP, disable DFCO... log commanded/actual AFR correction factor ("BEN"), apply transient filter, and multiply into VE table); repeat/smooth a few times;
    - if you now want to run with MAF, enable MAF (but stay in open loop), set B0120 to 400, and basically repeat the Auto VE method for the MAF table (log correction BEN, apply filter, multiply into MAF table, repeat a few times); set B0120 back to 4000 when finished;
    - if you now want to run closed loop, enable closed loop and trims.

Last edited by joecar; September 8th, 2007 at 05:56 AM.

My fuel rail is not stock but I believe its still stock as far as returnless.

I need the clip for the FS to input my WB02 and ground.

In the mean time I will go with the new IFR that I calc'ed

(I came up with that by svo 30lbs expecting 40lbs at the rail and I have 60lbs at the rail)

and see what happens. This will be different than the 4.1094 I've got across the board now.

I will also change the MAF to the lower setting I found from a stock Z06 or should I do one log, and then the other and log.

Do one at a time and log.

I know the MAF table has to be incorrect. I went from a stock 75mm to 85mm.

I'm juggling 2 soccer games and a baseball game today today between my 2 kids so I wont be getting back to you for a while.

Thx for the help, it is very much appreciated. Once I get the tune a little closer( not so rich) I'll upgrade the OS and then dial in with the o2 input and auto ve and then move it all to the RR and then finalize the tune from there. Does that sound like a feasible plan?

Yes Post 11 is my current tune on the pcm. Anytime I tweak something I name it and flash it, always keeping my original tune seperate.

The MAF doesnt come into play at startup though does it? I was told the car runs in SD mode til 4000 rpms then it uses the MAF.

If thats true this would help with my WOT richness but not with startup , I'll try the injectors and see what happens
    AFR 205 heads, Mamo Ported FAST 90, 238/240 cam, 347 forged SB, 9 inch 3.89, 11x18 z07 wheels, svo 30, racetronix.
    You name it: all the bells and whistles

http://www.fquick.com/99SS

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss
    The MAF doesnt come into play at startup though does it?
    No, I don't believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss
    I was told the car runs in SD mode til 4000 rpms then it uses the MAF.
    From my understanding, the PCM is constantly interpolating between the MAF and the VE table under 4000 RPMs (stock) or the value set in {B0120}. Anything above that RPM, the PCM uses the MAF exclusively.

Ok heres the new log file with a few more pids added. This is with the IFR adjustment. As I look at my fuel rail pressure it looks like I've got 62 psi while idling. Concern here though is my misfire count skyrocketed from what I can see unless I'm reading it wrong.

It still seems rich on startup the WB say show it hovering around 12.3-12.8 which better than before where it was around 11.5-12 so maybe I'm making progress but the misfire counts scare me. Not sure what t think of them.
    AFR 205 heads, Mamo Ported FAST 90, 238/240 cam, 347 forged SB, 9 inch 3.89, 11x18 z07 wheels, svo 30, racetronix.

Unhappy New log fixes applied.. seems bbet too lean??

Ok rescaled the injectors again re-did th MAF table by using a MAF table from an 02 z06. I installed a z06 maf to my Camaro.

Seems to be one heck of a lot better, still dont undertsand the misfires if someone could look at that, that would be nice.

AFR hover's around 12.18 13.2 at WOT from what I can tell by the WBC log, can someone look at the efilive log log and tell me if they think I'm to lean and shouldnt drive it. It spike to lean on decel but not for very long few seconds at most tries to hover at 14.7-15.3 when not in WOT.

Ready for autoVe now I think, still need to get wire clip for input, but it's a lot closer I think.
    Last edited by 99ss; September 9th, 2007 at 06:32 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast