Thread: 1998 Corvette LS1 VATS problem

Default 1998 Corvette LS1 VATS problem

I have a new transplant into a 69 Camaro and can not seem to remove the VATS. It shows as being removed when I read the computer but it is still there. The engine runs a few seconds and quits. I loaded a Camaro file into it but it ran poorly and had no throttle (this is a fly by wire set up). I had the same problem with an LT1 and had to load a Camaro file and update it with the Corvette calibrations. Has anyone had this problem? Scanner shows no faults!

Default Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Rewire
    I have a new transplant into a 69 Camaro and can not seem to remove the VATS. It shows as being removed when I read the computer but it is still there. The engine runs a few seconds and quits. I loaded a Camaro file into it but it ran poorly and had no throttle (this is a fly by wire set up). I had the same problem with an LT1 and had to load a Camaro file and update it with the Corvette calibrations. Has anyone had this problem? Scanner shows no faults!

Funny thing is, as often as I use it....Nobody has ever told me that it didn't work....I guess I just assumed that it did.

Please let me know how you make out....

Also, I believe you can turn off the anti theft stuff completely and make it work....

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

I have tried all three settings! No change! The Camaro file does though. Does the corvette file contain something to prevent a VATS change that EFILIVE is missing? Am I swearing if I mention that Tunercat cannot remove it either?

Hmm, i wonder if its something to do with the passive-key resistor that is in the corvette and f-bodys. That is controlled through the BCM and turning VATS off will not stop that from activating and shutting down your car. You probably dont have the BCM in the 69 but maybe the PCM is looking for something that isnt there in regards to that system?
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Interesting....you are correct , I don't have the BCM and don't plan on getting it cause the car it came from is crushed. On anoughther thread someone experienced this and got it to work only when the scanner was plugged in!!! I am still at a loss!

Default Help is here!!

If I had loaded the latest version of the EFILive, I would have noticed the Column lock option (G0801). It was Not there in my purchased version. Anyway, it now runs with the G0801 set to "no" and the VATS set to "none". Used a lot of time on that one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rewire
    If I had loaded the latest version of the EFILive, I would have noticed the Column lock option (G0801). It was Not there in my purchased version. Anyway, it now runs with the G0801 set to "no" and the VATS set to "none". Used a lot of time on that one!!!!
    Cool, good to hear you got it going!
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com