Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: autove OLSD good CLSD iffy

Lifetime Member

Default autove OLSD good CLSD iffy

Hi guys

I've been doing my ve table over the past week or so and have got it almost as good as I can with my driving conditions. most cells are 1.00+/- 1 or 2 but a few are 1.07 etc.

Commanded seems close to actual AFR and my logged PE table shows close to commanded (13.1 in PE).

To test it all out I updated the original and got close loop working fine, as in it works switching from OL to CL. However the car is running leaner than in OLSD. The LTFT on both banks seem to be around -10 to -12, STFT all seem between 2 to 5.

Looking at the LC-1 Wideband average AFR map on the OLSD shows most are hovering around 14 for example so running a bit rich (so need more work dialing it in) but using the exact same VE table in CLSD the map shows a lot of cells at 16 = too lean.

My question is can I use the BENs from the closed loop logs to adjust the VE or do I need to return to OLSD to tune the VE table then transfer it back or should I run a while longer to let the ltft to settle down (did an 80 mile run).

In short to get Closed loop working efficiently do I need to tune in Open loop then revert back to closed once I feel my VE table is sorted - or can I modify the VE table after logging in closed loop?

Cheers

Lifetime Member

figured my problem out - would delete thread but can't!

What was it?

Side note about closed loop: The EVAP system will kick on after a fill-up at the pump to normalize the pressure in the fuel tank. Those vapors may swing your fuel trims -10%. Don't tune in closed loop right after a fill-up.

Ditto, what was it...?

Lifetime Member

EVAP not sure if its fitted to our models? (UK 04 Monaro)

The issue I think was I had accidentally, due to tiredness, pasted in the ben updates 2 or 3 times to teh VE. So it would be way off as is. Reverted back to OLSD with the last known good tune to the mix up = running much better. Will do more logging in this then try CL again

Quote Originally Posted by stigmundfreud
    EVAP not sure if its fitted to our models? (UK 04 Monaro)

The issue I think was I had accidentally, due to tiredness, pasted in the ben updates 2 or 3 times to teh VE. So it would be way off as is. Reverted back to OLSD with the last known good tune to the mix up = running much better. Will do more logging in this then try CL again
    If you see a solenoid adjacent to left-side fuel rail with a plastic tube leading to front of intake manifold, then that's it.

I just had this happen to me last night! I filled up and all of sudden my logs were all screwy. I assumed it had something to do with the charcoal purge (evap) system so I didn't mess with the tune at all. Sure enough trims are better today.

Lifetime Member

I think my problems were not correctly dialed in VE. I've done some more logs and VE updates and now all looks settled nicely I'll try CL but this time give it a while longer to check the trims. If the commanded != close to the actual then I'll go back to tuning it some more.

Lifetime Member

ok guys to confuse things....

I did get everything working in OLSD but as soon as I go to CLSD or CLMAF I have problems.

In OLSD the commanded matches the actual AFR

In CLSD/CLMAF the commanded is about 2 below the AFR. EG 14.43 Commanded = 16 actual AFR

What could be causing this? I have tried to use the b5001 map to adjust the B5001 table but this seems to have no real effect - although saying that I could try lowering the b0120 point to 1900.

I have a feeling it is the STFT and LTFT that is causing it as under 4000rpm it should be using the VE table which works in OLSD with both LTFT and STFT turned off

Ultimately I want to use my NB's and my MAF. Not looking for the ultimate power tune but I do want the best possible tune whilst using these

Have you rescaled the MAF yet? I mean, you got OLSD spot on, I didn't see if you said you dialed in the MAF in OL? Sorry, if you did. Just checking before diving into Davy Jones locker.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast