Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idle and WOT AFR

Lifetime Member

Default Idle and WOT AFR

Ok, went through with a SD tune following the autove manual (again).

Sat outside lastnight for 30 minutes or more just working on idle and its perfect now ( no surges, no stalling, rpms steady with a/c on or off, even fast stops its happy ).
    oh ( using LC-1 wb02 )
    So for the questions:
    1. Is Idle expected to be at 14.63 ( is that too lean? ) is there a better range? seems happy but wanted to make sure.

Question 2:
    Since this is an SD tune, do I even have to touch the PE modifier Based on RPM? or just use the B3605 Commanded Fuel when in Open Loop(normal)?

Just making sure because the Open Loop runs just done, its going exactly at the afr set in there for the MAP vs ETC ( above 90 MAP ) where the WOT logging is showing everything at. The B3605 table "appears" to be telling it exactly what I want, but not sure if that is only due to the first part of the SD tune forcing OPEN LOOP.

I just dont want to have the two fighting over what the PE enrichment should be OR even if they would.

Thanks in Advance.

Last little questions ( although sounding beyound basic ) but a sanity check on my part

Lean > 14.63 > Rich
    15 = Leaner, 12 = Richer

Main VE table

Lean < number in the cell < Rich
    Number is 50, put in 45 ( leaner ), put in 55 richer ( thats how I am seeing it react with the WB. )

AutoVE primary Map
    Lean < 1 < Rich

cell shows .88 ( too rich or too lean )
    cell shows 1.115 ( too rich or too lean )

Lifetime Member

Presume you are on a custom OS? from when I was doing that and this is just memory for now, the PCM chooses the richer of the two tables so if PE is 12.1 and commanded is 12.7 it will use the PE table and visa versa

14.63 (14.7) is the optimum AFR mixture

with regards to 15 = lean and 12 = rich your understanding is correct. With regards to sanity checking the ve cells I never bothered monitoring the relation to an increase = richer or leaner just did it till I got it dialed in

I switched the preferences to change away from EQ to AFR. It makes life so much easier to interpret exactly what you are commanding rather than having to do the maths all the time.

Lifetime Member

Thanks for the sanity check. Been away for a while and finally working on getting the tune down.
    I was just following the autove tutorial pdf.

Lifetime Member

somethiing else I did during the SD tune I set b3618 to 13.1 in all cells and all cells above 0c ETC in 3605 to 13.1

This I did whilst getting the AutoVE set. Made life a lot simpler as there were no changes in commanded AFR so made life easier to log - once everything was at +/- 0.01 I reverted 3605 to the HSV version of this table and then set 3618 to 13.43 in all cells.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dbaxter_ss
    Thanks for the sanity check. Been away for a while and finally working on getting the tune down.
    I was just following the autove tutorial pdf.
    quite possibly I am the worse person on here for it BUT I've just gone through the pain barrier as Joecar and Ringram can both vouch for!

Are you going to stay OLSD or revert back to cl+maf?

Make sure the maf is disabled during your ve checking and disconnected - though there was mention of adjusting a table so you dont need to disconnect the maf if you've got the five wire version

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ighlight=b5001

just making sure as I had over read that step and just disabled the fail frequencies but didnt disconnect it - made more work for me at the start!

If you intend to go back to maf, the b5001 map in the scan tool is there to rescal 5001 in the same way as you did your VE, once VE is dialed in

edit to add - in scan tool take a look at b3618 map - this will show you your average AFR in one neat table

Main VE table

Lean < number in the cell < Rich
    Number is 50, put in 45 ( leaner ), put in 55 richer ( thats how I am seeing it react with the WB. ) Correct

AutoVE primary Map
    Lean < 1 < Rich

cell shows .88 ( too rich or too lean ) Rich
    cell shows 1.115 ( too rich or too lean ) Lean

Lifetime Member

Yep, the MAF was disconnected and disabled during the OP.
    Its still disabled now in Closed loop per the instructions.

I wasn't planning on putting the MAF back to enabled. I haven't had the maf enabled since I got the wb02 lc-1 and could do a proper SD tune.

Page 13 from the instructions ( return to closed loop SD ) and making sure the MAF instantly disables itself.

Iv'e even gone through 2 state inspections and no one noticed it not connected

Thank you for all the info. I really appreciate it.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by stigmundfreud
    Presume you are on a custom OS? from when I was doing that and this is just memory for now, the PCM chooses the richer of the two tables so if PE is 12.1 and commanded is 12.7 it will use the PE table and visa versa

14.63 (14.7) is the optimum AFR mixture

with regards to 15 = lean and 12 = rich your understanding is correct. With regards to sanity checking the ve cells I never bothered monitoring the relation to an increase = richer or leaner just did it till I got it dialed in

I switched the preferences to change away from EQ to AFR. It makes life so much easier to interpret exactly what you are commanding rather than having to do the maths all the time.
    Nope not a custom OS yet. Although I am considering it

Nope not a custom OS yet. Although I am considering it
    You would be mad not to step up to OS3 if your going to stay SD.

Lifetime Member

then I will do just that.

Besides just the SD part, what else does a custom OS get me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast