In this post on LS1Tech, these equations were stated in reference to tuning the MAF.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
GaryZ, you're dead on!
the way it should be done we should use airflow estimates created from fuel and AFR measurements

airflow=cylinders*cylinder airmass*rpm/120
where
cylinderairmass= IPW*IFR*AFRwb

I would like to tune the MAF on a car for which I don't have a WB.
The car in question is very stock. A larger MAF will be installed on the car as a favour. The VE table should be close. My WB is installed in a different car where it is not easily removable.

My question is can I use Short term or Long term trims in place of the WB reading? I can convert the % into a approx AFR and make a partial strenght correction. No WOT will be done. Just daily driving cells.

Long term trims block the VE into a low resolution correction. Short term changes alot due it being used for corrections at idle. Maybe STT will converge into a more correct value by extending the data logging session and tuning at a going down the road circumstance. Just to see the trend.

I can get these equations into a PID by myself, but wondering if it is a mistake. I have tuning using NB before, however, the end result was nothing like what I got when I started to use WB. What do you guys think?