Thread: New PCM & P1637 Code HELP

Default New PCM & P1637 Code HELP

Can V2 Commercial be used to flash a new PCM purchased from a GM dealer? I have a 2001 Corvette with a modified tune for a Magnacharger and cam that I want to flash to a new PCM. Also will it use up one of my licenses? I am getting a P1637 code for my alternator and going through the troubleshooting described in the owner’s manual points to the PCM being the fault. If I disconnect the three-conductor terminal on the alternator, turn the ignition to on without starting the engine I read 10.6 VDC at the L terminal. According to the manual this should be about 5 VDC. Disconnecting the connector at the PCM and checking the continuity between it and the L terminal at the alternator the continuity is good. Also, here are no shorts to ground on the lead. There are no shorts between the L terminal of the connector and the other two terminals. With the engine running voltage output randomly jumps around from 12.9 to 15.2 VDC. With the engine running voltage at the L terminal of the alternator is 4.9 VDC. With the engine running I believe the L terminal voltage should be zero. If anyone out there has any other Ideas please let me know.
    2001 Corvette, A4, Magnuson Supercharger, 42# injectors, 220/224 115LSA CAM, 1.7 Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, Slp headers, High flow cats, 3\" crossover pipe, MagnaFolw exhaust. Donaldson Blackwing Intake

i replied to your on tech but i just noticed 1 thing here that i wanted to add to, the terminal on your alternator should never read zero with key on, that voltage tells the alternator to turn on, no voltage there = alternator will not charge,
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com