Thread: 6.2-6sp shifting issues

Default 6.2-6sp shifting issues

New here, glad I found it. Have a 07-Sierra Denali that is either a race car or a dog, no inbetween. Upshifts way to early, then requires a lot of pedal to get it to downshift. The interesting part is that my wifes new Yukon XL Denali with same drivetrain does not have this problem. Her's upshifts early as well, but comes out of it quickly, easily, and seamlessly, getting the truck moving again. Seems like the solution is simple, with just a shift pattern change. Any products to help? I don't think I need any engine mods, as it has plenty of power.

v2 is what you need to modify your trans
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    v2 is what you need to modify your trans
    Are the 6lxxE calibration files available now?
    Last edited by Maggie; September 25th, 2007 at 05:39 AM.
    I'm old and Retired! I used to go fast. I don't go so fast anymore ...but, my cars still do!

i got the same problem but with a yukon denali short and it is like a gas guzzling 4 banger i need to do something with it
    Jared

2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD LB7
    285/75R16 BFG AT, Prodegy brake controller, Bilstine Shocks, Tierod sleves, Pitman and Idler supports, 5" Magnaflow Turbo Back, PPE Boost Valve, Phantom II Boost and Pyro on Pillar, BD Manifold. EFI LIVE V2 By SoCal, EDP Twin Lift Pump's, Suncoast IV 1056, Billet Input Shaft, Merchant Automotive Pump Rub Kit

Member #3 of NC Dmax's

A TSB came out in Oct-Nov. Once installed the shifting issues are much better. Still not great, but acceptable now.

but when its below 70 out the truck runs like a raped ape but above 70 its a gas guzzling 4 banger so im thinking it has to do with a temperature sensor or timing tables with different temp settings ive had all the TSB updated on it and they all make it worse that originally
    Jared

2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD LB7
    285/75R16 BFG AT, Prodegy brake controller, Bilstine Shocks, Tierod sleves, Pitman and Idler supports, 5" Magnaflow Turbo Back, PPE Boost Valve, Phantom II Boost and Pyro on Pillar, BD Manifold. EFI LIVE V2 By SoCal, EDP Twin Lift Pump's, Suncoast IV 1056, Billet Input Shaft, Merchant Automotive Pump Rub Kit

Member #3 of NC Dmax's