Thread: Installed 551 cam and 1.8 crane rockers....

Default Installed 551 cam and 1.8 crane rockers....

I found something interesting when I put the cam and rockers in. After spending a obscene amount of time making sure lash was correct, got the car up and running. Started tuning the Maf just to get it drivable till I could get to the dyno. I started noticing that the knock retard was triggering ALOT. The valve train was quiet, re-checked lash, all is good. It wasn't doing this before the cam, so I started "softenening" up the knock sensitivity and limits, which helped alot, but it would still trigger... so I just set the knock tables to zero to get the car tuned. Anyone else experience this? Any input?

I also disabled the maf and tuned the car in SD, although the backup v.e. is where the computer was pulling it's information from (maybe because I had an O2 unplugged and the maf disabled???) I wound up making tghe backup V.E. the same as the main V.E. it worked out great! Took all of 9 pulls to dial the car in..light load and WOT, Maf and SD(a couple of those pulls were to figure out the fuel calcs were coming from backup v.e.). Idles perfectly drives great....the software is awesome! There are acouple of steps the software could do that would save some tuning time, but all in all, for factory ecu tuning software....I have yet to see any better.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jason.

No one knows what makes the ecu determine which v.e. to use, main or backup?

Jason.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S.
    No one knows what makes the ecu determine which v.e. to use, main or backup?

Jason.
    Not much help, but...
    http://efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.p...+idea&start=30