Thread: Car tuned, runs great, idles like stock. Turn on A/C= :-(

Default Car tuned, runs great, idles like stock. Turn on A/C= :-(

Car is a C5 2000 FRC. AFR 205's milled .024, 224/228 .581"/.588" 114lsa +1. LSX90 & LS2 tb. Tuned using PLX AFR. First in SD, then cal'ed the maf, did idle transition, and IAC effective area. Added 2 degrees of timing at idle. The car idles like it did stock, maybe even a little better. LTFT's are between -1 and -3. Then when the A/C is turned on LTFT's go to -8 to -10, MAP goes from 50kpa to 58kpa and idle gets rough. Also, the car won't stay lit from a cold start unless you keep the throttle open with your foot for the first 10-15 seconds. We also did an idle re-learn with the A/C on and that didn't help.
    I am thinking of taking the 1200 row between 45kpa and 60kpa down a few percent at a time until this clears up. AFR is measuring 14.7-14.8 when this happens, but it smells rich.
    In LS1Edit there is a variable that added a pre-determined amount of air in g/s when the A/C is turned on. I can't find it's corresponding parameter in EFILive. Is it there? Any ideas on getting these last two problems to leave? Should I re-do the idle transition?

Lifetime Member

Searched for "air condition" and found Engine Calibration->Idle->Desired Idle Speeds. See if that's not what you're looking for.

Ira

Well, all we did was go to Engine Calibration -> Idle -> Parameters. We set Idle Learn A/C Limit High to 6.00 and Idle Learn A/C Limit Low to -6.00. And the car dialed right in. Now it idles really nice, with both the A/C on or off.