Thread: How did you ground your LC 1?

Default How did you ground your LC 1?

I'm having trouble with my LC-1. If I do a free air calibration before I start it, it will work great for a while. Seems like after its been started a few times it looses the calibration. It reads all over the place and some times it will loose the analog voltage settings that I have stored in it. Innovate wants me to run my grounds to the engine block. I've gotten my power and grounds from the connector for the traction control switch. I would think that this ground would be good enough since it tied into the ground circuit of the car. The Blue and White are wires run separately to the ground wire. How are most of you guys grounding your LC-1? Thanks for the info.

your sensor maybe bad, how long have you had it?

It's all new. The sensor wouldn't cause it to loose the analog voltage settings for EFI Live would it? I was kind of thinking that I had a bad sensor but since it is loosing the voltage settings I figured the controller is bad. Tech support wants me to jump through there hoops. How did you ground yours? Thanks.

I grounded them all at the battery, figured it could not get any more grounded than that. Been working great since.
    1999 C5 A-4 Convertible
    1 of 245 Nassua Blue 99 Vert's, Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 42 # Injectors, Two Stage Nitrous System- Dry and a Wet Plate, EFI Live Scan/Tune V2, 1999 PCM with 2002 COS 5 OS Custom Nitrous Panel.

Maine USA

Quote Originally Posted by ForcefeedWS6
    I'm having trouble with my LC-1. If I do a free air calibration before I start it, it will work great for a while. Seems like after its been started a few times it looses the calibration. It reads all over the place and some times it will loose the analog voltage settings that I have stored in it. Innovate wants me to run my grounds to the engine block. I've gotten my power and grounds from the connector for the traction control switch. I would think that this ground would be good enough since it tied into the ground circuit of the car. The Blue and White are wires run separately to the ground wire. How are most of you guys grounding your LC-1? Thanks for the info.
    I ground to the engine block , same spot different bolts .
    I see a calibration loss as well after setting the wide-band up with the V2 .
    I have set the wide-band up killed the truck got something to drink and started it again and the calibrations are off just like that .
    I can set the wide-band and watch it through Logworks , set up the V2 they match , kill the truck and restart , the Logworks still reads the same the V2 is off by 2 points , every time . The LC-1 analog is fine it is the V2 loosing calibration in the analog inputs .
    I did find a post on here with a new firmware update , but have not tried it since flashing to it , just gave up , tired of messing with it .
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....irmware+update , post #16 .
    Last edited by Chevy366; September 19th, 2007 at 03:02 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by ForcefeedWS6
    The grounds apparently are very sensitive. I had the same symptoms you describe. I have them like beers, all to the battery ground. I thought they were tight, but I tightened them really well and my problems went away.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

I have the system (Wht) and sensor (Blu) hooked up to the back of the passenger side head. I have the Analog (grn) tied to the V2 ground connector.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com

Thanks guys. When mine messes up it doesn't read right on logworks either. What do you think about hooking them up to G201 that is behind the right kick panel? Or would it be better to go to the engine block? This is what Innovate tech support is telling me to do.

Engine block , that way anything goes wrong you can say "I did as I was instructed !" .
    Plus it makes sense to ground to where the sensor is attached (engine exhaust , engine) .
    Last edited by Chevy366; September 19th, 2007 at 06:14 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .