Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C.o.m.e racing cam idle settings

Default C.o.m.e racing cam idle settings

Hi, has any one tuned a c.o.m.e racing lsch-874 232/242@50 551lift inlet and 559 exhurst cam , i was woundering if i could have a look at some idle settings for a vy m6 b4 i do a auto v.e or if some one wanted to share there tune.

Tuned a few of these and they produce some serious cam only rear whel kilowatts. Iv'e almost cracked 300 KW at the tyres. Start off with a GTS mafless base tune. Up the idle to 950, Desired airflow table 4 grams/second, Base timing in gear around 18deg and reduce the Ve Table 400 rpm column by 35%, 800 rpm column by 25% and 1200 rmp column by 15%. This will get it running and tune from there.

Hi, thanks i will give it a go, i've been using a tune from my old comp cam 220/224@50, but it just rich as a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by TuneMaster
    Tuned a few of these and they produce some serious cam only rear whel kilowatts. Iv'e almost cracked 300 KW at the tyres. Start off with a GTS mafless base tune. Up the idle to 950, Desired airflow table 4 grams/second, Base timing in gear around 18deg and reduce the Ve Table 400 rpm column by 35%, 800 rpm column by 25% and 1200 rmp column by 15%. This will get it running and tune from there.
    I dont disagree with the values youve mentioned but I do disagree with using the GTS cal as a base sarting point. Not that good a starting point and only one spark table.
    He'd be far better off using a custom OS like 3 of even 5 which gives the TPS VE table.

Not alot of lift with those cams. LSx's are widely known to favour lift more so than duration.
    As an example a 230/230 item with 600' lift will also go very close to 300rwkw when tuned properly.
    HX Ute.

Don't disagree with custom O.S's as I use them all the time. He just asked for some idle settings. The GTS cal over Custom OS 1 will do fine. No need for a TPS VE table with that cam. Have had 224 / 228 with approx 600' lift produce 305 RWKW. The come cam had a lumpier sounding exhast note though.

Thanks for the help guys, i'm running co5, come cam sounds heaps better out the exhurst, the reason i changed from the comp cam to the come cam was for more power and quietier valve train, it was real nosiy in the top end with 1.8 y/t rockers , if i can still make good power with less lift meaning less stress on the top end i will be happy, it's noting idleing that bad i guess its just likes it a bit richer then i like it 12.8 af if i run 13.5 its shakes the car,

12.8 at idle is pig rich.
    You should be in the 14.x region.
    My mates 242/244 idles beautifully at 14.0 with about 20* timing.
    HX Ute.

Hi, what idle speed does it pull how would u compare the come cam to ur comp cam ur running,

Something not right there. The come cam will idle fine at 14.5:1, 950 rpm and 20 degrees timing. It shouldn't be that choppy at idle but have a decent exhaust note. Post your tune file so we can have a look.

Hi, i have attached my tune that i'm using, just ignor the 220/224 its the same tune that i used from my old cam, because i reckon the timing table worked well, but i would appreciate ur input,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast