Thread: AutoTune at Mustang Dyno

Lifetime Member

Default AutoTune at Mustang Dyno

The dyno I goto are ragging on him to get setup so I can log wbo2 with EFI actually did it. He says that he now has outputs for 5v. I am assuming this is what I need but just checking since the EFI help file says 4.8 volts.

He has a mustang dyno and says that several of the imports he works on do similar tuning for cruise mode on his dyno and he can load it up anyway needed.

So if this is correct, then what are the steps for auto tuning? I have seen several threads which link to other threads. But none that I have seen which have an end to end how to.

What are the steps in order so I can get this stupid MagnaCharged GTO running correct.

Please even if you can just email them to me.

I'm at work right now man, but I'll post up how a few of us here are doing it. Its cake actually. What you need to find out is the formula he uses for his 0-5v output. ie 2.5=14.7.

Lifetime Member

If it is 0-5 volts and 10-20 then the formula is AFR=v*2+10
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Although the A/D converters in FlashScan are 0-5V, they are limited to 4.8V due to buffer protection. The protection prevents unintended voltage spikes on the A/D input wires from destroying your FlashScan unit. (i.e. dragging an exposed wire across a 12V battery terminal)

You can either:
    1. reprogram your wide band O2 controller to output 0-4.8 volts
    2. ignore any AFR readings above the AFR for 4.8 volts. Usually that's around 19.6:1 AFR, which you'll never be attempting to achieve if tuning for performance. (this is the preferred option)

DO NOT change the EFILive calculated PIDs to force a 4.8 volt input to display as 20:1 AFR (if 20:1 AFR is 5.0 volts on your wide band controller).

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    Although the A/D converters in FlashScan are 0-5V, they are limited to 4.8V due to buffer protection. The protection prevents unintended voltage spikes on the A/D input wires from destroying your FlashScan unit. (i.e. dragging an exposed wire across a 12V battery terminal)

You can either:
    1. reprogram your wide band O2 controller to output 0-4.8 volts
    2. ignore any AFR readings above the AFR for 4.8 volts. Usually that's around 19.6:1 AFR, which you'll never be attempting to achieve if tuning for performance. (this is the preferred option)

DO NOT change the EFILive calculated PIDs to force a 4.8 volt input to display as 20:1 AFR (if 20:1 AFR is 5.0 volts on your wide band controller).

Regards
    Paul

This what I did for my FJO unit .5=10 20=4.5

formula is afr=v*2.5+8.75
    EFILive - The Single version of the Truth

Larry - HumpinSS