Thread: Vista Service Pack 1

Default Vista Service Pack 1

Got to love this one , that is if you use Linux .
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=42426
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

That's funny....

I DID hear talk from a Dell licensing rep that Microsoft is considering ditching Vista due to underwelming sales even though it's being forced on everyone.... No one in the corporate arena has purchased Vista, EVERYONE is demanding/requesting XP. Would be funny if they did.

:lol:
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

LOL ...sounds like a cure for Vista woes

Code Monkey likes Fritos.

Code Monkey likes Tab & Mountian Dew.

Vista makes Code monkey very, very blue....
    I'm old and Retired! I used to go fast. I don't go so fast anymore ...but, my cars still do!

Lifetime Member

I used to hate Vista, but Ultimate x64 is pretty sweet. XP is definitely way faster though, hands down Vista is a huge resources hog. Im still really pissed there isnt a way to connect my V2 to it though b/c its an x64 system, but hopefully we will get something soon.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

In all honesty, Vista isn't HORRIBLE. It is a pig, but there are some features that I like about it. You can rename a file and not accidentally remove/rename the extension, static IP changes are instant, versus the 30-90 second hang on 2000/XP for the change to apply. There are a few other things that I can't think of right now.

Guys as the it manager for a freight company here in oz with about 120 M$ based workstations across the country, I would not be surprised at all with the figures on the take up rate of Vista in a corporate environment.

From my point here are a few issues that we have:
    Vista will not run a majority of our programs, some programs are telnet\linux and dos based.

Trying to remotely manage, support vista takes twice as long to connect. if it even allows you, and thats after giving full access.

Servers require Specific print drivers for vista clients, some wont install on 2003 server, or we simply cannot get a vista compatible driver and these are for large corporate Multifunction devices.

No group policies available for locking down Vista as tight as xp/2000 clients.

Once a non-it person has to use vista for more then 1 week, they start thinking it's really good. When in fact its a piece of shit.

on the plus side, even Dell still offer the purchase of hardware with XP, you can guess which version of windows will be coming on the next order of pc's.

I Beta tested Vista long before the release of Vista , said right then ain't going to touch this OS .
    Tre-Cool , I feel for you .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I've been using Vista for... heck, since Beta 2, I guess. I'm even running it on a 1GHz tablet (yeah, it's rather slow, especially if I open a dozen or two application windows (I've only got 15 open at the minute, but IE has 12 tabs open...))

I have only encountered a couple of pieces of software that we actually use that have a problem with running on top of Vista. A bigger hassle has been driver availability for legacy devices (sometimes XP/2003 drivers will work OK) and with AV support.

I am director of global IT infrastructure for an MS EA shop with over 1,000 user computers spread over 14 countries. I've currently got about half a dozen IT folks using it daily and intend to migrate the bulk of the company to Vista early in '08 (in conjunction with Office '07.)

Plusses & minuses, as with everything. From my perspective, though, the upside outweighs the downside.

Just my two cents - YMMV (and penguins will discount it all anyhow! )
    2004 Pontiac GTO - Quicksilver/red/m6
    1-of-344