Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with delievered torque

hey cmitchell17 I know that after I did my auto VE that my torque jumped up to the 33x range from the normal 30x-31x I usually see.

Lifetime Member

Whats your setup?

Are you stock?

If you are stock or close to stock you mind sharing what you got out of the Auto ve, mabey I could try a little of you ve table I wouldnt see why it would be diffrent if we both got stock cams heads.

Here you go here is my tune as far as the low timing goes I am running on 87 with no problems. Look at the VE table compared to the factory one it is not perfect for my truck just yet but it is getting close. And the highest I found was 343 and but mostly in the 33x range. Yes it is factory except for a magnaflow and the tuning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

I thought your ve table looked wierd and was a little too much.
    So I took a ve table from a 2005 5.3 and it was just a little diffrent from yours.

So I guess GM might have screwed up with the ve tables on the older 5.3s?
    I dont think there were any diffrences in the motors. Unless they changed the cam but would that cause the ve to change by around 10% in some places especially in peak torque.

when was it that they swapped to the new heads, cam, and flat top pistons? Wasnt that in 05? If so then ya I would think the VE table would be off quite a bit compared to the early ones.

Lifetime Member

I thought the LM7 was unchanged through the years, in 05 electric fans went on and the LM7 was rated at 295hp instead of 285. The L33 had diffrent heads which put the compression at 9.9 to 1 instead of 9.6 the L33 also had a bigger cam and an alumimnum block.

The spark table for the 05+ are different. The 01 ve table is diffrent from my 00 and im pretty sure nothing was changed through these years.

I was not sure when they did or in which ones they changed them in. When I get to fealing better I will finish me VE and post it up for you but only changing that my mid-range is a lot better now and i have to be care full to not break loose on wet roads now as well. But i need to finish it and jump back on my timing tables.

Lifetime Member

Mabey if we could find some timing tables people have used with even 5.3 with exhaust. I dont think headers and exhaust would change that much. Its just that every one that tunes on a dyno would probably have a cam or heads and that would work for our timing.

Im starting to doubt the optimal timing table as the best timing after reading so much about how little timing is needed on these gen III heads.

I wouldnt see where timing would be diffrent with headers besides the increased ve headers would give you.

Well the best timing table would be built, compared to the one that gm puts on all the trucks. But that would be a major pita to do ( I would think. ) I agree most people with a dyno tune are usually well into modding them. So have you tried out the new VE table yet? I checked mine last night and came up with the bins ranging from .98 to 1.02 I think and the target area is +/-.01 from 1.00 so it should be pretty close.

Lifetime Member

I just updated to a 2002 os which I think fixed my trans shifiting and made it smoother. But my delievered torque hasnt changed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast