Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full reflash requested?

Default Full reflash requested?

I bought this second hand and have had no luck figuring out how to do much of anything with this software, I play around with it and read a little here and there but mostly get frustrated and give up before I can accomplish anything. I just tried to adjust my new tire size and I get this message:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	3562

I am a little confused about this statement I read in the tuning user manual:

Reflashing a new operating system,
    Commercial and Workshop versions of EFILive’s Tuning Tool allow you to convert PCMs between operating systems using our full-reflash technology. Doing so is potentially hazardous to the PCM and is not offered as part of the Personal version.

So what am I supposed to do now? Or am I just doing something wrong?

anybody?

I don't think I really understand your question(s)?

I see you have the V1 Flashscan tool from the screen shot; do you have the Commercial version of EFILive? If so, use the "Reprogram PCM Operating System and Calibration" option under the Flash menu in the Tuning tool.

If you post up more details about your situation (vehicle/PCM type, version of Flashscan, has it been successfully flashed/tuned before, etc.) we will be more able to help out.

Sorry, I had contacted tech support before I purchased the second hand V1 personal edition because I had gotten my truck (01' Sierra ECSB 5.3 Auto 2wd) mail order tuned using HP tuners and had nothing but problems. So when this deal came along I figured I'd give it a shot myself, tech support told me I should't have a problem tuning it but I have run into little problems along the way and keep getting frustrated and giving up before I get anywhere. What I think I need is someone to hold my hand and make sure I'm not doing something wrong. I have gotten as far as reading and saving my old tune, but the more I read the more confused I get. Is there an Efi Live for dummies book out there?? I was hoping the guy I purchased it from would show me the basics but I think he was too busy.

Lifetime Member

You cannot perform a full reflash with a personal V1 license, you need to get an upgrade to Commercial. However, you dont need to do a full reflash to adjust any parameters except for underlying OS ones that we cannot see. I cant do a full reflash on my P10 LL8 yet have it tuned almost perfectly (for now lol). Click the middle flash button at the top of the tune tool, the small red arrow. You should only ever do a full reflash if you want to upgrade to an 02 OS for a
    99-01 LSx gasser or a DSPx OS for diesels. Do cal only reflashes for all changes.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

OK, then why did it give me that error message and how do I get around it? This is why I think I'm missing a step or doing something wrong.

First, try setting the correct VIN from the scantool... Bidirectional->Change VIN.

Lifetime Member

Good idea Joe, but it looks like the serial number is wiped from the PCM too...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

When I select bidirectional>change vin, the current vin listed is correct, should I "copy old vin to new vin" and reprogram??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast