Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: efans experiment

Default efans experiment

trying to do efans with efi live..any thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I am trying to do my efans myself( for now) with efi live and a ls1 fans.. ecm ac control through relay for 1 fan.. flexalite temp box from battery for the other..in system/fans they all shut off over 35mph...I changed the fan setting in system/vats/platform options to electric...so now I am going to take out the clucth fan and see if it throws codes that hopefully I can disable in engine diagnostics....anyone have any thoughts or experience on this???

i am thinking to raise temp limits in system/fans so ecm will only control ac on the one fan

i have no choice since I keep getting P0493 and engine reduced power with this stupid 4th clutch

Lifetime Member

Cant do it, no way to kill the REP light with the available parameters in EFILive, I know, Ive checked numerous times.

Go ahead and try it, I highly doubt you can get it to work without getting a hex editor and manually editing the binary file of your tune, and I have no idea what to modify.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ripped out clutch installed efans... only went like 2 miles and back so far ok hammered it twice..no errors yet but time will tell....feels like a different truck

Lifetime Member

Do you have the I6 or the 5.3L V8? If you have the V8s then you probably can rip them out, but the I6 you should get a bunch of errors. If you arent, what did you change in your tune?
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

2003 TB EXT I-6 LL8

the fan setting in system/vats/platform options to electric...and disabled P0493....it works on my i-6 all day today but am getting a check engine light code for fan but not reduced engine power anymore..the light doesnt bug me much

UPDATE pcm4less patched my file (previous tune)today and so far no error codes ....man this truck is fast now..tuned for premium no cat and efans.......
    Last edited by ExtTB; September 24th, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

Lifetime Member

Nice man. Didnt see the Electric fans option in there.

Did Alvin patch your tune file or actually patch your PCM? Is that all you did to get it to work, or did Alvin work his magic earlier on your tune?
    ~Erik~

i sent him my file and he patched it but my file was working ok from the previous tune.....still working out the kinks since my one fan relay clicks with the pulse of the white wire....... going to put a capacitor on it to see if i can stop the pulse....i realize now that the fan clutch is pulsed to control the speed ...i could hook it up to the ac compressor but then it wont cut out at 35mph like the clutch fan....still testing since this is my idea not there kit...I really dont know what they changed except for premium gas that i asked and removing the torque management....still get a ses light for fan control like my file but no reduced engine power on my edit or pcm's
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

ok it is working great now thanks to a circuit that fools the ecu that pcms 4 less sent me
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

After Alvin did the patch, can you read the file with EFILive or is the file now incompatable with EFIlive?

Jay

they can only do what you can do....turn off some of the error codes...now the tuning part is where they have the knowledge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast