Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: efans experiment

Hey there, do you have access to a flasher ? there might be a place where you can get the p1814 disabled now...

you can reach me at pjaneiro@hotmail.com...

I like to know exactly what alivn did for you. Since we all have efans, can you post up your file?

the file wont help.my file only has a tune for my cai and exhaust..you need to make a simple circuit to pulse the hall effect sensor from maybe the cam sensor with a zener diode....set the fan diagnostics to 18 volts so it wont run diag...it may be possible without the pulse if you set fan min to zero and disable all fan seting and use a flexalite temp box....you will need to have one fan always to keep the tranny and ac cold unless you live where is cold..it took me forever to get it to run without a check engine light and now i have one anyway for small vac leak... i had to put a cap on the relay since the damn computer wants to pluse the relay like a clutch....2 temp boes would probably be the best... one engages from the ac clutch and temp and the other maybe at 210... one problem is your headlights will dim for a moment when you come to a stop and both fans come on...unless you leave one fan on always..I know this is choppy but its late... i do use one box and the computer but my computer controlled fan comes on at 15.9 set as low speed since i like it to shut off at 35 mph...i didnt touch the high and low fan temp settings..the flexalite box brings the one fan on slower than the computer.. i just stck the probe into the raditor and used th vette dual fans
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

what do you mean "wont run diag"?

I used the ls1 fans. I notice that pcmforless change the fans min voltage from 8.5 to 25 on my tune. Both fans work at stop but I dont know if they work while driving. But several times I heard a whistle owl noise when shifting gears from 1 to 2. What about you?

wont run diagnostics.....that is set so if your battery went low the car wouldnt look for the fan...so they raise the voltage above the 14 volts that the alternator puts out.... so anything 15 or higher would have the same effect...i have the preimium, mid grade and econmoy tune stored I had to agree not to post my file..i also gave them feedback on my fan issues ...so kelly and Alvin would be upset if i posted my file since it would reveal the tune to everyone..I can resond to questions on the fans and efi settings since i did all that testing myself
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

Quote Originally Posted by ExtTB View Post
    wont run diagnostics.....that is set so if your battery went low the car wouldnt look for the fan...so they raise the voltage above the 14 volts that the alternator puts out.... so anything 15 or higher would have the same effect...i have the preimium, mid grade and econmoy tune stored I had to agree not to post my file..i also gave them feedback on my fan issues ...so kelly and Alvin would be upset if i posted my file since it would reveal the tune to everyone..I can resond to questions on the fans and efi settings since i did all that testing myself
    Not even just the fan part? Come on now, everybody is doing it.

But tell me something, when you reach 2.5rpm and the speed will make the rpm will go lower then raise higher to increase speed, did you experiecne a hesistation or struggle when it down shifts below 2 rpm then goes up beyond 2rpm?

Well for starters, i stopped using EFILIVE as it clearly destroyed my PCM, i had tooooo many issues after the january 8th and later revisions of the software, it seemed to not like my os revision of the pcm, and i know i am NOT the only with this issue

Anyhow the way i have my efans setup is like this,

i used a flexalite controller with a/c bypass number 33054 Variable Speed Control Module

if you do not have issues with your efilive and pcm you will need to change g1021 to 18v or more so it disables the clucth fan diagnostics

you can check on my photobucket for more pics of installation, ALSO i would suggest to trim the efan so it sits flush on the rad, having the upper and lower lip as is, would allow hot air from the engine bay to be sucked from the sides and not through the rad, affecting the performance of the efan

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...efan/?start=20

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...e-fan%20parts/

Quote Originally Posted by pjaneiro View Post
    Well for starters, i stopped using EFILIVE as it clearly destroyed my PCM, i had tooooo many issues after the january 8th and later revisions of the software, it seemed to not like my os revision of the pcm, and i know i am NOT the only with this issue

Anyhow the way i have my efans setup is like this,

i used a flexalite controller with a/c bypass number 33054 Variable Speed Control Module

if you do not have issues with your efilive and pcm you will need to change g1021 to 18v or more so it disables the clucth fan diagnostics

you can check on my photobucket for more pics of installation, ALSO i would suggest to trim the efan so it sits flush on the rad, having the upper and lower lip as is, would allow hot air from the engine bay to be sucked from the sides and not through the rad, affecting the performance of the efan

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...efan/?start=20

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...e-fan%20parts/
    But what your are doing is cutting the efans smaller then. Isnt that a bad thing? I thought the efans are big enough for the rad?

Lifetime Member

If you want me to patch your tune for efans, I played with this over the summer talking with pjaneuro extensively. Just patching my PCM then unplugging my fan clutch wiring harness I got no DTC, REP, SES or lights in general. Had the scanner running full time and the PCM never balked at me. Now if I could just get the $$ for efans, prob get a WBO2 first.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    If you want me to patch your tune for efans, I played with this over the summer talking with pjaneuro extensively. Just patching my PCM then unplugging my fan clutch wiring harness I got no DTC, REP, SES or lights in general. Had the scanner running full time and the PCM never balked at me. Now if I could just get the $$ for efans, prob get a WBO2 first.
    That would be great! Modified Today.tun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast