Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: efans experiment

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    But what your are doing is cutting the efans smaller then. Isnt that a bad thing? I thought the efans are big enough for the rad?
    did you look at the links i have sent ?

i am not cutting the fans smaller...
    please check the pics for better understanding, everything that needs to be cut is in yellow

if you have access to an efilive you need to change g1021 to anything over 16v so the clutch fan diagnostics are disabled....

just as stated in the previous posts, there are no other "magic" settings

lol. some people like their info spoon fed....

Quote Originally Posted by ExtTB View Post
    2003 TB EXT I-6 LL8

UPDATE pcm4less patched my file (previous tune)today and so far no error codes ....man this truck is fast now..tuned for premium no cat and efans.......
    OK, how are you not getting a P0420 code with the CAT gone?
    I have turned off everything i can find even remotely related to it and i still get a code from the idle efficiency test.

Any chance you can PM me your tune to compare? Heres the latest one i have for mine if you care to take a look
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by pjaneiro View Post
    did you look at the links i have sent ?

i am not cutting the fans smaller...
    please check the pics for better understanding, everything that needs to be cut is in yellow

if you have access to an efilive you need to change g1021 to anything over 16v so the clutch fan diagnostics are disabled....

just as stated in the previous posts, there are no other "magic" settings

lol. some people like their info spoon fed....
    you me cut only this part?

this 2 this?

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    OK, how are you not getting a P0420 code with the CAT gone?
    I have turned off everything i can find even remotely related to it and i still get a code from the idle efficiency test.

Any chance you can PM me your tune to compare? Heres the latest one i have for mine if you care to take a look
    You probably have one of the OS efilive does not like, mine also did that after their software updates, even if i was patched, the pcm would not take it and would eventually give me the error...

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    you me cut only this part?

this 2 this?

you're killing me,

as i said the fan casing needs to be flush on the rad, sit down your efan ona table and you will notice that the bottom and top lips are longer, you need to trim them so the fan sits flush on the rad

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...18-trimmed.jpg

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...13-trimmed.jpg

Lifetime Member

Heres the efans stuff changed in the tune, pretty much just 0 all the fan tables, set g1021 to 25, and turn the efans VAT option on.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

my efi works ok..I use the same flexalite box and nice gold posts for the battery for one fan mycomputer controls the other so it goes off at 35 mph.....i still get the p1481 or whatever the code was unless i use the zener diode .I set all the % to zero exceopt for the ac all 99%...makes ac ice cold...set the fan min to zero or fan will always be on... P0420 used a spacer on the back o2 sensor to move it a little out of the stream fooling the computer since there is a diff between front and back 02 readings
    Last edited by ExtTB; February 3rd, 2009 at 04:06 PM.
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

Lifetime Member

You still get the P1481 code? Interesting, I only got it when I just unplugged my fan clutch wiring harness. Have you looked at the file I posted a few days back? Look through and see if all the fan parameters are the same for ya.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ok heres a regular fuel file

now I have changed my idle rpm because my engine shakes at regular idle and my oil pressure goes low sometimes at stock rpm.plus more juice from the alt..i increased my ac line presures since my tranny slips some at 200,000..this is a regular octane tune,,,the performance ones are faster but i fill up 3 times a week sometimes..if you have any suggestions or comments please speak up.....a word of note if use disconnect your battery or let it run low...your computer will go wacko for a day( rear ac flap knocks temps at 100 on climate control radio aux error) then u clear all dtc's an hour or 2 later..sometimes my accel pedal position throws a code right after a pcm program...then i clear the dtc's and all is good.....you may get surging right after a tune let it learn a couple trips...my thought was the clutch fan was always on at some % so the tranny and ac need the fan on..plus if you have the fan turn back on a 1 mph your lights will flicker when you pull up to a stop sign......just an experiment that keeps on going now at 207,000 miles
    Last edited by ExtTB; February 3rd, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
    2003 TB EXT I-6 210,000 miles... Volant CAI.. NO CAT with magnaflow ..efans ...pcmforless tune and hotchkiss swaybar and air bags in back springs...new alt, pwr steering pump and water pump at 200,000 shooting for 300K or more

your file has high ac disable...3500 is as high as i would go....mine is low 2500 since florida is flat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast