Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: efans experiment

Sorry about that. Now I understand what you mean. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjaneiro View Post
    you're killing me,

as i said the fan casing needs to be flush on the rad, sit down your efan ona table and you will notice that the bottom and top lips are longer, you need to trim them so the fan sits flush on the rad

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...18-trimmed.jpg

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...13-trimmed.jpg

but even if we trim the efans down so that the fans touch the rad what about this part under the rad that supports the efans? How would we support the bottom of the efans then?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Heres the efans stuff changed in the tune, pretty much just 0 all the fan tables, set g1021 to 25, and turn the efans VAT option on.
    oh man! i never new you did the patch on my tune. Thanks alot Erik!

but im curious, you set the calibrations all to zero wouldnt that cause the efans to turn off?
    2002 4.2L I6 Trailblazer LTZ

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
    oh man! i never new you did the patch on my tune. Thanks alot Erik!

but im curious, you set the calibrations all to zero wouldnt that cause the efans to turn off?
    No, remember the LS1/LT1 fans operate in an on/off only manner, they are NOT PWM like the stock mechanical ones or the C6 Vette. All we are doing by setting them to 0 is telling the PCM to not try and ever turn them on. If it never tries to turn them on (and we enable the efans parameters and kills the DTCs), it never tried to do anything related to the fans. Plus, we are not actually controlling the efans from the PCM with these tables, this is why you need an aftermarket controller. Im not sure, but I imagine if you set the tables to 100% when you wanted the fans to come on you might be able to use the stock PCM output to drive the relay. This is how the SS guys do it, I cant experiment with it though.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234