Thread: Intake valve temp -40

Default Intake valve temp -40

When I scan intake valve temp all I get is -40. I'm using an e38 and l76 with a Speartech loom and original tune supplied in the ECU. The vehicle was going into PE and had AFRs around 10:1, the only way I seemed to be able to get some satisfaction was to zero out all the open loop tables B0141 and B0146 and set PE only. I thought this could be due to the -40 intake valve temp as scanned looking up B0141 and B0146.
    With B3618 commanded fuel says it is a commanded lambda yet it behaives like an EQ table where I command 1.12 and get AFR of 12.8?
    Interested in thoughts, have the vehicle for a couple of days

I've since found the tune supplied was for an LY6. Are there sensors under the manifold for intake valve temp or is it a derived figure from intake air and coolant?

I don't recall the exact calculation but yes it is calculated not measured.
    I presume in the conversion all the various sensors are hooked in? IAT specifically?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

IAT is there, there is also a plug at the back of the manifold in the valley that I was told was for variable displacement(by Holden), but not yet used. I have an L76, the E38 was supplied with a LY6 tune from Speartech, I've managed to get satisfactory tune by manipulating injector flow but am looking forward to the upgrade with calculated VE tables as I know its a bit crude.
    Also it dosent seem to go into PE under about 60% throttle regardless of what settings I use?
    Thanks for the response.

I got an error reading of -40 on something (it may have been IAT) that was due to the speed that I was scanning and the "update" frequency on the Properties/playback settings. This is probably NOT your issue but the -40 rang a bell down (or up if you're in Oz) here in Florida.

I changed the tables with intake valve temp and there was no effect on the tune at all, I can only assume they are not used in this callibration.