Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto VE How do I know if I am headed in the right direction

Default Auto VE How do I know if I am headed in the right direction

I ask the question because I have already done four different drive sessions. And so far when I look at the values in my map for the cell that I have hit they read .93 for the most of the cells. The first time I had about .96-.94 and I did the copy with lables and paste mutip with lables and see the graph on the main ve change. I up load the new file and when I go driving around for the next three times I am not really seeing any improvement in my values. They all still read .93 exept for the higher kpa values they read about 1.05. I am I headed in the write directions or should I have seen some sort of improvement. I know the auto ve pdf say you want your values to be 1.00 + or - .01. It seem as if my value needs to go in the other direction I am just not sure. Thanks for any help.
    Car: 2002 WS6 M6
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress
    RWHP:450 RWTQ:426

Why not just use RR to update your VE table? It is a lot easier and faster.
    2015 Z06 A8

I have the road runner installed in the car. However I am not sure exactly how to use it. If you could give me a little direction on how to do this I will be more than happy to do. As you can see I am still learning.
    Mods: TFS 215 Heads, 92mm LSX Intake Ported, Comp Cam, Yella Terra RR, Power Bond pulley, Melling Performance Oil Pump, Comp Cam Lifters, LS2 Timing Chain, Harden Pushrods, Textraila Clutch, Quarter Mile Performance lid, SLP Mass Air Sensor, SLP Smooth Flow Bellow, NW 92mm Throttle Body, NGK Plugs, MSD Wires, SLP Tuned Length Headers w/ORY, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tuning in progress

Can you attach a copy of your tun file you are using?

If your tun is setup properly, your VE table should update and narrow the range of changes down.

Do you have RR working and running when in EFILive? if you do, it is really only a matter of using a BEN map in scantool, linking the map and your VE table and RR will update the appropriate cells as your drive. (That's the short answer)
    2015 Z06 A8

After getting a little frustrated I decided to use a tune file that speed deamon sent me. http://forum.efilive.com/attachment....2&d=1186460867 . My first problem is let take for example at idle my values in my map will read about .93-.94. So for test sake I decide to add 10% to that area of the map and the value will start out at about .95 then settle down to about .94-.93. I add a total of 30% at idle only and still get the same result. That just does not seem right at all. It almost seem as if it is a RR issue. Or maybe im just not doing something right. Let me know if the link works if not I can e-mail you the file.

Idle cell will go lean if car is setting. No one seems to know why. Use RAFIG to dial idle in and then log data in Ben Map. trying to dial in idle cell will drive you crazy, trust me on this one. it will always ask or more fuel if car sets for any period. some believe it is related to IAT exceeding 90* F.

My car is 02 Z06. Even stock, the rear of my car would be covered with unburnt fuel in CL.

I tried to lean car out in idle cell using BEN Map and some blending based on surrounding cells. The idle suffered in my case. The idle cell always wanted more fuel.

Just for the hell of it, I went back to CL and trims were very good except at idle. Trims were adding fuel in idle cell and car was covered in unburnt fuel.

This is a common problem and there are a few posts on this forum regarding this. Do a search with username SSpdDmon. He started a thread on this issue recently.
    2015 Z06 A8

That is the problem that I am having with all the cells. The pdf say to get the stock tune and add 15%. Hell I added 20% across the board and still get .94. I can not seem to get the MAP values from 30-50 and from 800-4400 rpm above .94. WTF thanks for your help.

Actually, .94 is pulling fuel, not adding.

what does your Ben MAP/log file look like?

Are you saving your tun after your paste/multiply into your VE table? if so, then go to teh cell values 50 KPA to say 75 KPA and rpm of 3200-4800. If you last Ben map shows .94 ,or 6% reduction, reduce the above cell values by 3% in VE table and then complete another log. See if the BEN map changes in those cells. make sure you get a decent cell count to make the sample valid.

It woudl help if you could post some logs and tun before and after a VE update.
    Last edited by Chalky; September 30th, 2007 at 08:25 AM.
    2015 Z06 A8

I don't know how to post the files on here. I can e-mail them to you. I have done 5 different drives and still no improvement down low except for up top the number were 1.08 and now there down to 1.05. I have all the files saved and have been doing the paste multipy.

send them to dchalk@wi.rr.com
    2015 Z06 A8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast