Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post in here what you would like to see in the I6 support.

Default Post in here what you would like to see in the I6 support.

Like the title says, post in here if you think things need to be changed/added/ bug fixes ect. Different types of modifications. Thanks!

No custom os requests.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

P12 PCM .cals
    Last edited by Chevy366; October 1st, 2007 at 01:19 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Have i not sent them to you?
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

I have 1 P12 file for an 06 TB, dont know what OS though. I just wanted to look at one of the P12 ones to compare it with a P10.

I would personally like to see an AutoVE-type process so I could dial in the VE and then the spark tables (probably could do this now, just dont have time or my truck...). Also, the ability to fully kill the SES lights related to efans, I see we can change the fan type to electric but Ive heard we still get a SES light. A COS would be awesome, but I dont think thats in the cards b/c of the time commitment. I would love to help out some on a COS if that works, just let me know what I can do. I can code a little, but Im pretty limited in that aspect.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Add throttle parameters so we can finally spin the tires, there must be some filtering or PID routine on the ETC now. It would be nice to get at the parameters that control throttle response.

Ability to adjust closed loop AFR. I'd like to be able to lean it out a little bit while cruising.

GM.ENGTRQ_B isn't even close to the real value. Can someone check to see the data has been translated correctly?

The DIC reports instantaneous milage, there is likely a PID for this somewhere on the bus, could this be added to the PID section?

This is probably too difficult to do, but Real Time Tuning for the LL8 would be fantastic!

Fan clutch control parameters. Maybe we can get some extra life out of the clutch.

There must be more torque converter or transmission parameters that you can get at because my torque converter no longer locks between 57 and 63 mph after getting the tune (and it constantly unlocks and relocks going up hills at 55mph), but I have no way to get rid of this. It didn't have this problem before the tune. Please add in whatever would help get rid of that.

What about a way for the user to see what is available to change on the PCM and then implement that in the calibration without having to wait on EFILive. We would need to translate the PCM's file into something we could read, then add the available parameters to the calibration file ourselves.

That is all I can think of for now.
    Last edited by ds8; October 1st, 2007 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me
    Have i not sent them to you?
    No ! Can you send them to me then ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I would like to disable cat converter protection.

Lifetime Member

That too, I want to kill the cat protection too, I can feel when it kicks in after a couple hard launches and it makes my I6 a dog.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yep, or hard freeway runs! Other than that I just need to learn how to tune the VVT!

The auto ve correction will always work on any controller as long as there is a ve table and the pcm will output commanded air fuel ratios..

keep the ideas comming.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast