Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A way to cheat and fix your strims/ltrims using Rtac Very quickly.

Lifetime Member

It wasn't showing because the unsupported PIDs were hidden. Unchecked the "Supported" box and it showed up.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

Default STFT Excel Interpolation

For those that dont want to change the sae_generic.txt and cal_link.txt you can just create a map for your STFT and then paste your trims into an excel sheet. I started with the interpolation sheet then added the formula /100+1 to get the factor to copy and paste with labels back to the VE table.

Makes it real easy plus the added benfit of the interpolation for cells that weren't hit while tuning and the extra smoothing benefit.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vetteboy2k; October 25th, 2007 at 06:04 PM.
    2000 Corvette Twin Turbo
    2004 CTS-V TVS 1900
    2006 TBSS TVS 1900

All Tuned by
    Rad Tunes by Troy
    aka Vetteboy2k

Lifetime Member

Or rather than use the sae_generic.txt file, you could do just the same with the calc_pids.txt file. This way you wouldn't have to worry about it being overwritten the next time you install the software.

I tired this and the real time updates will not work for some reason. I have no problems with real time and using a WB for the VE table but for some reason the STFT Fixer shows N/A for the adjustment needed. Has anyone else got this to work? I have went back thru and all things are pasted correctly that were listed. The VE Fixer Pid shows up. I have the Map setup with the correct settings. Not sure what im missing.

Quote Originally Posted by LSRacing
    I tired this and the real time updates will not work for some reason. I have no problems with real time and using a WB for the VE table but for some reason the STFT Fixer shows N/A for the adjustment needed. Has anyone else got this to work? I have went back thru and all things are pasted correctly that were listed. The VE Fixer Pid shows up. I have the Map setup with the correct settings. Not sure what im missing.
    Here's one thing to check that in your RTACS window in your tuning tool that in the row coloum it shows your STFT Fixer depending where you programmed that when you set up your cal_link.txt file .If it shows your wide band then a quick fix is disable your widedand in the Pid table.
    856RWHP 408 Supercharged LS1 Holden Commodore.

Default Not much luck

I'm not having much luck with this either. Once in a while it runs a cell up to high 80's when all the surrounding cells are in the 60's. Any idea's on what I'm doing wrong. Do I need some sort of filter? These are steady cells I'm sitting in and I just watch them take off. I've got the ltft turned off and the maf is on.

Any ideas?

Lifetime Member

This technique appears to work well for me now that I have installed build 24 of V7.5.1 and have RTACS working again.
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

You have to set the update freq to "1" so it will instantly fix the cell instead of waiting for 10 hits. Then it will not modify the cells like you are seeing Finishline.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Thanks Jesse,

I had already changed that to 1 but had no real idea what it was going to do. I was hoping it would fix the severe delay between when I step on the gas and when the VE Table shows the cells I'm operating in. Would your suggestion fix both of those problems? I' running Windows XP a 2.4g compaq with 512 mem and 2 usb ports. They are not high speed usb ports. Thanks for your help.

I would say the problem with the lag is from too many other processes running on your laptop. If you hit ctrl, alt Delete on your keyboard and open the task manager, what does it say you are running for the number of processes.

On a new dell i bought there was 84 processes running! A top of the line laptop was slower than a 1 legged dog... So i had to just erase the laptop harddrive and start completely over with a fresh version of xp and that took care of all the bloat ware/advertisements that they install on the laptops to keep cost down...
    So now it runs 30 processes and is very fast like it should have been to begin with. And there is no more lag on the scan tool either. The data does get saved in the scan tool while logging, but the laptop cant update the screen fast enough when it has to think with the 30 other programs running in the background...
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast