Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adapter to use LC-1 serial output

Lifetime Member

Default adapter to use LC-1 serial output

been logging in both log works and EFI to compare the AFR's and I got to thinking is there a way of using the serial output from the LC-1 to connect to the v2 scan tool? It would make life so much easier with regards to cabling etc.

Or maybe a way to bypass the scan tool AD input and bridge via a laptop to get the log works data into the scan tool that way...

The V2 has such a cable , but does not work , kind of like a lot of things the V2 is suppose to do but doesn't .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

really? I didnt see anything other than a serial connector that seems to plug in where the odbii cable would. Is that it? If so what use would it be if you're unable to connect the scan tool to the odbii port?

Mine came with a "Serial to RJ-45" cable the serial connects to the LC-1 and the RJ-45 to the V2 , I guess when the firmware is implemented the V2 will accept digital signal from the LC-1 .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

without even reading i had another look and saw my mistkake, i confused the two connectors and see there is an rs232 port there...

cant wait for that update as it will be a lot better as its coming direct from the controller (less things in the way )

If only , digital much cleaner than analog , one of these days .
    2006 Trailblazer

Lifetime Member

well thankfully i no longer have to worry - my lc-1 has possibly failed, keep getting error 8 with a synch time problem. Just waiting for gas to fully disperse then try a heater resync

Oh crap the dreaded "error 8" , most of the time that means a new unit , not the sensor .
    LC-1 is a great wide-band , but have to be careful and not touch the brown and yellow wires together or poof no controller .
    Wish you luck .

GM
    2006 Trailblazer

Lifetime Member

hmm the wiring hasnt shorted together at any point it just happend all of a sudden the other night, then it was ok the next day, then it did it again. I did a heater recalibration this morning by unplugging the sensor from the controller. What I have noticed is it takes (and has for a long time) taken ages and ages to warm up (unless the engine is on)

of course I cannot recalibrate the heater when the engine is on as it will fubar the air calibration... any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast